Confirmed with Link: Rangers hire Gallant as HC

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
If your GG and you look at the lineup you have to go right to Kreider and expect physical play on every shift. Then we will see more points and a more consistent player. If he gets disinterested sit him a game...no allegiances in this locker room...play the right way or sit.
If he can find the intensity button on Kreider it will make the next 3 years with Kreider much easier for everybody....including Kreider . I think Kreider will be OK with Gallant and he will also have a more team like crew around him for support on the ice after a big hit or scrum....all for one pack mentality is needed and hopefully established . The team could come together very fast with a couple of additions , a season of maturing and some added muscle on a few frames . We also should have a bit more depth on the blueline for call ups and such . We were hit pretty hard back there last season coming on the end .

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
If he can find the intensity button on Kreider it will make the next 3 years with Kreider much easier for everybody....including Kreider . I think Kreider will be OK with Gallant and he will also have a more team like crew around him for support on the ice after a big hit or scrum....all for one pack mentality is needed and hopefully established . The team could come together very fast with a couple of additions , a season of maturing and some added muscle on a few frames . We also should have a bit more depth on the blueline for call ups and such . We were hit pretty hard back there last season coming on the end .
Kreider needs to be stapled to the third line and told to just go. Open up space for his line mates. Play a simple game. Set an example that hopefully the entire third (and fourth) line follows.

Keep doing what he is doing on the PP. No issues there.

I am confident that Gallant will set him up for success.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
Kreider needs to be stapled to the third line and told to just go. Open up space for his line mates. Play a simple game. Set an example that hopefully the entire third (and fourth) line follows.

could not agree more, been saying the same for months. he can be effective in a role where its straight lines and simple hockey - his contract can still be made fair value or close to it if he can be part of a fast, physical, aggressive 3rd line and add 15+ ppg's. i loved when we put him and chytil together, i actually thought that gave us half a chance going into the islanders games. unfortunately he went down just prior, trouba died 5 mins into game 1 and the rest is history.

i do think him and chytil could be the foundation of a fantastic 3rd line. thats some big boys who can FLY and are at their best going north south, winning puck races / battles, going to the net. would love to see gauthier get a look there because that has the potential to be a problem. regardless, i do think kreider/chytil, and this kind of line specifically could be big beneficiaries with gallant - and i'm someone who wanted to keep quinn. one of my biggest gripes with him though was we really didn't have any attack in our personality as a team...like when guys would get a breakout pass, no one was ever really purposeful in taking ice on a breakout (sidenote we were also horrifying at normal 5 on 5 breakouts - idno if its a stat anywhere but id guess we created less than 10 high risk chances the entire season coming ice from out of our zone), we were generally very conservative in pressuring deep - which was a bit ironic because we had 0 awareness or concern with RIPPING no look high risk passes from behind the net into the slot that regularly led directly to an odd man rush nor with continually trying cross ice passes into teams packing the middle. but we sure were diligent in not getting getting too many bodies on a forecheck. anyways, thats an area i think gallant shines. his teams always push the pace for better or worse. very curious to see what that can look like with guys like chytil kreider and gauthier.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

good kreider really came out with chytil and kakko. IMO that line has to stay together. they were running wild on the forecheck and created lots of offense

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
good kreider really came out with chytil and kakko. IMO that line has to stay together. they were running wild on the forecheck and created lots of offense
Yeah, they only had limited time together, but they did have really good numbers when they were together; Chytil and Kakko as a duo did as well in over 200min 5v5. I'm not sure if Gallant is going to look to roll duos like AV and Quinn did, but he definitely has a good starting point to work with with Mika-Buch, Panarin-Strome, and Chytil-Kakko. I know this won't be the roster to start this season since I'm expecting at least 2 or 3 forwards to be turned over full-time, but I think the framework of this is pretty good:

Laf-Mika-Buch
Panarin-Strome-Kravtsov
Kreider-Chytil-Kakko
Barron-Rooney-Blackwell/Gauthier

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
If Strome is still here next season I'm not sure how long he lasts next to Panarin with Gallant at the helm. He's the complete opposite of a 200ft player. If the centers stay the same I wouldn't be surprised if Chytil takes the 2c over pretty quickly over Strome.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
If Strome is still here next season I'm not sure how long he lasts next to Panarin with Gallant at the helm. He's the complete opposite of a 200ft player. If the centers stay the same I wouldn't be surprised if Chytil takes the 2c over pretty quickly over Strome.

til we see otherwise, i will expect (hope) that GG gets every guy to play the way he needs them too

but if NYR sell high on Strome, and keep that Ryan Spooner trade tree alive, good with that too

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I remember Dean Chynoweth from when he was Jeff Chychrun.

Was always the last guy into the corner and would run whoever got there first and ultimately fall down.

Reactions: Ola

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Gallant in the Rangers dressing room
nK3L3OD.jpg

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
A vast majority of my brain tells me Gallant will have success here, but there is this small little piece that thinks he is not built for this city and he will be an epic fail.

Have a great day everyone!

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I suspect this team will be much better prepared to play when the season starts and not waiting 15-20 games for them to start playing better. Training camp and preseason games will help but not having Quinn behind the bench will also help.

Rangers actually started last season pretty well in an overall play sense, other than a few stinkers, but they weren't getting the scoring despite playing a good overall game

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

mulli25

Jun 25, 2008
NJ
Rangers actually started last season pretty well in an overall play sense, other than a few stinkers, but they weren't getting the scoring despite playing a good overall game
I agree, but I remember getting shaky goaltending and poor point production from the top of the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese