Pre-Game Talk: Rangers - Flyers (11/28/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarbaraAlphanse

We only have 9 spots for top 9 forwards. They're both top 9 forwards. I'd rather have Glass than waste either of them on the 4th line.

Hayes could be a 4th liner, but then we're out a center.

Both Duclair and Stempniak are bit of poachers. Stempniak, a veteran, has learned how to be assertive and aggressive w/o the puck - but he's not as talented as Duclair is.

Just wondering why we're suggesting to tinker the 4th line all of the sudden... they seem to really have found their stride these last 5 games or so.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
We only have 9 spots for top 9 forwards. They're both top 9 forwards. I'd rather have Glass than waste either of them on the 4th line.

And against Philly glass is definitely gonna play. Just the way it is.
Sorry if it was mentioned in thread but read that mcdonagh is likely to play and stemp will replace duclair on third line

BarbaraAlphanse

And against Philly glass is definitely gonna play. Just the way it is.
Sorry if it was mentioned in thread but read that mcdonagh is likely to play and stemp will replace duclair on third line

As long as McDonagh is replacing John Moore...

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

Whaaaaaaaaaa?

Stempniak could work as a 4th liner. He's a finished product, it's not like we'd be hurting his development. And he has a really good defensive game.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Whaaaaaaaaaa?

Stempniak could work as a 4th liner. He's a finished product, it's not like we'd be hurting his development. And he has a really good defensive game.

Yeah but he's on pace for 18 goals. I want him to have scoring opportunities.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Yes I hope hunwick stays in and Moore watches. We shall see

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
But why is no scoring opportunities (Press Box) better than limited opportunities on the 4th line?

We don't have anywhere to send Stempniak to get valuable ice time. We have that option with Duclair.

He's getting limited time, he's getting scratched, and he's not exactly lighting it up. I think it's time.

It has nothing to do with Glass.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
We don't have anywhere to send Stempniak to get valuable ice time. We have that option with Duclair.

He's getting limited time, he's getting scratched, and he's not exactly lighting it up. I think it's time.

I don't have a problem with Duclair continuing to get spot duty on the 3rd line. I also think there is zero reason to not send him to the WJC.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003

I can understand that. But it's a different sentiment than you expressed here:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I can understand that. But it's a different sentiment than you expressed here:

It's not a different sentiment. I'd rather have Glass who is a 4th liner (albeit a terrible one) than demote top 9 guys to the 4th line.

We need to replace Glass with a better 4th liner, not Stempniak or Duclair.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but honestly, I'd rather demote Hagelin and keep Duclair there. Hagelin generates all his offense off of the cycle, and while he's played real well with Hayes and Duclair, it's abundantly clear he's the least talented player on that line. I think Stempniak would be a much better fit there, and Hagelin-Moore-Fast would be a great 4th line.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
This is probably an unpopular opinion, but honestly, I'd rather demote Hagelin and keep Duclair there. Hagelin generates all his offense off of the cycle, and while he's played real well with Hayes and Duclair, it's abundantly clear he's the least talented player on that line. I think Stempniak would be a much better fit there, and Hagelin-Moore-Fast would be a great 4th line.

That's not enough ice time for Hagelin. I said it in another thread, but this is the player that sets the pace for a team that's speed based. I want him out there for at least 12 ES minutes every game.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Maybe McDavid likes playing with Duclair so much that he demands to be traded to the Rangers for Tanner Glass.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
This opinion is unpopular with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad