Pre-Game Talk: Rangers - Flyers (11/28/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
@NYRangers: At #NYR practice in Tampa Ryan McDonagh pairing on defense with Dan Girardi

@NYRangers: Also Lee Stempniak skating on line with Kevin Hayes and Carl Hagelin. ..other #NYR lines remain intact...John Moore is extra d-man in drills

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
wtf is AV doing? Why is he punishing Duke like this?

However, it's good to see AV realizing Moore is the wort defenseman of the 7.

Ugh, just AV's obsession with Glass is ****ing ridiculous.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Guys, sorry if you lost some work posting in the last thread only to realize that I'd closed it and moved us in here. To avoid this, I'd say always check in a new tab if your thread is open before submitting.

Even though this thread went up soon after the end of last night's game, we only want to have one game discussion thread open at a time. Feel free to continue discussing the game against Tampa in here.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Ugh, just AV's obsession with Glass is ****ing ridiculous.

You can call it ridiculous, its up to you, but believe me its the least suprising thing ever and everyone should have known he would play and I would have been very suprised if in any other coach in this league would've "not" played him.

Lets not act like this is like Strudwick playing up front for us or something. Glass is playing pretty well for us and he is an enforcer, he is gonna play and keep playing no doubt. Get used to it or be prepared to be upset for a little while. ;)

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
You can call it ridiculous, its up to you, but believe me its the least suprising thing ever and everyone should have known he would play and I would have been very suprised if in any other coach in this league would've "not" played him.

Lets not act like this is like Strudwick playing up front for us or something. Glass is playing pretty well for us and he is an enforcer, he is gonna play and keep playing no doubt. Get used to it or be prepared to be upset for a little while. ;)

The bold is exactly the problem. He ISN'T playing well for us. Not by a long shot.

AHB*

We have severe differing definitions of "playing pretty well" he was arguably the main person responsible for 2 of our goals against last night, effectively costing us the game. He has one assist in 21 games. His advanced stats are disgusting. He is a -9 +/- that's good for 711th in the NHL.

On top of all that, benching Duke when our 3rd line has arguably been our best the past few games is absolutely terrible coaching. I will have faith in AV until the end of this season seeing as he figured it out in time last year, but this truly is beyond comprehension.

In recent memory this is one of the toughest things I have had to stomach as a fan. This guy is dragging our talented team down single handedly.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
What the hell AV? Why scratch a player who's been on the best line for this team the past few games?

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
How in the hell is Glass playing well for us?.. and Duclair was one of the better guys last night.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
So AV is saying that fast and GLASS have been playing better then Duke? I'm starting to hate our head coach.

AV is Roger Neilson 2.0 this seems like the 92-93 season all over again.

He just made the SCF last season, I'd say he's pretty damn good, but this year he's making some questionable decisions so far.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
He just made the SCF last season, I'd say he's pretty damn good, but this year he's making some questionable decisions so far.

I know but don't you remember when Neilson was coach? Won the president trophy the year before then the next year missed the playoffs because inconsistency and bad coaching decisions. Sounding like the same tune this year except we went to the cup last year.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I know but don't you remember when Neilson was coach? Won the president trophy the year before then the next year missed the playoffs because inconsistency and bad coaching decisions. Sounding like the same tune this year except we went to the cup last year.

I think its early enough that he's trying things out (well other than Glass, he's got a hard on for him).

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
When is the deadline to send Duclair to the WJC? Maybe this is just about getting Stempniak onto that line for an inevitable period of time that Duclair won't be around.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
So we're benching Duke, who played very well on the third line with Hayes and Hags, and keeping a corpse with "toffnuss" in his place? God damn it, when will the Rangers realize what this board has been saying since the signing?

Tanner Glass is a terrible hockey player.

AHB*

So we're benching Duke, who played very well on the third line with Hayes and Hags, and keeping a corpse with "toffnuss" in his place? God damn it, when will the Rangers realize what this board has been saying since the signing?

Tanner Glass is a terrible hockey player.

Is Tanner Glass even tough? I really haven't seen him do much of that this year. Klein seems to be the one sticking up for our team when necessary.

Glass has had a couple goon ring arounds and hasn't even really looked good in them.

AHB*

Glass GTFO.

We need him to, all of our conversations these days are dictated by him. For the sake of the forum AV, please bench him so we can start discussing other items!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 8, 2012
NY
Is Tanner Glass even tough? I really haven't seen him do much of that this year. Klein seems to be the one sticking up for our team when necessary.

Glass has had a couple goon ring arounds and hasn't even really looked good in them.

No, he's not tough. Sather thinks he's tough though. And I don't know what AV sees in him either.

Although if your definition of toughness is hitting someone without the puck and taking yourself out of the play, then I guess Glass can be considered tough.

His contract is honestly one of the worst in the league. You never give a marginal player 3 years.

AHB*

No, he's not tough. Sather thinks he's tough though. And I don't know what AV sees in him either.

Although if your definition of toughness is hitting someone without the puck and taking yourself out of the play, then I guess Glass can be considered tough.

His contract is honestly one of the worst in the league. You never give a marginal player 3 years.

That's his favorite play. Every single game the puck is sitting along the boards and he hits a guy next to it instead of just moving it out of the zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad