Rangers Final Roster

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I too take solace in the fact that we have some capable young guys in the AHL to look to when the inevitable injury bug hits.

When Hags and Cally are back, we could have a pretty loaded team with youngsters down there!

Hopefully they can refill the NHL roster during the course of the season. I personally think all kids, Miller, Kreider, Fast and Lindberg, has played up to the real solid NHL potential level so far. Its only a matter of when they will make it.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
well that's why he won't play on 1st and 2nd line. 3rd line is the checking line, right?

I do get the idea of having 3 offensive lines though ...

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I agree that Kreider started to come around the last two games, if he could have started with that effort in the first couple games on the Nash-Richards line and built on his play from there, he would have probably made the opening night roster. But it didn't happen that way, I think he really will continue to improve and will be back up this season in New York.

a huge blow to kreider's ego and an Equal boost to Fast's ego..

I can see managment giving someone the "zuccarello sacrife" after a few games...(he was sent Down after 3 games 2 Seasons ago when the team absolutly stank)...
Kreider doesnt have en ego. seems like a good kid to me never any problems. I understand the puplar thing nowadays but i still when its all set and done kreider will be a big part fo this tem by playoff time

Crazed Beaver

Jul 3, 2012
Swamp
pyatt,moore,asham,pou,boyle=to many one dimensional flawed players

Grats to fast and miller as they are both solid young players. I think we will have serious issues scoring with this group and I hope that hrivic,lindberg and kreider are back up sooner than later. Hrivic is better than pyatt imo and hope pyatt is dealt.
I think by mid season at latest lindberg should be back up playing on a line with fast and miller.

I hope by midseason:

hags-step-nash
zucc-brass-cally
kreider-miller-fast
hrivic-lind-dorsett

rich as benchwarmer, boyle,pyatt traded

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
What team in their right mind would take pyatt?!

I mean, it's not like he'll suddenly become faster and more nifty, just by simply getting traded ... he had like 10 good games last year, other than that he has been "cursed", to say it kindly

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Healthy:

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Pouliot-Brassard-Zucca
Miller/Fast-Richards-Callahan
Dorsett-Moore-Boyle

Pyatt as an emergency extra

Whoever plays worse out of Miller/Fast goes down and becomes 1st callup

Asham goes....I don't care.

I don't want Callahan stuck with Richards....but **** somebody has to play with Richards :help:

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Healthy:

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Pouliot-Brassard-Zucca
Miller/Fast-Richards-Callahan
Dorsett-Moore-Boyle

Pyatt as an emergency extra

Whoever plays worse out of Miller/Fast goes down and becomes 1st callup

Asham goes....I don't care.

I don't want Callahan stuck with Richards....but **** somebody has to play with Richards :help:

Richie and Cally are a mess because neither has the ability to drive the play 5v5. It may work with Fast/Miller if they show they have the ability to drive the play on an NHL level. Otherwise, swap Callahan and Zucc, who along with Hagelin are among the best forwards in the league at that.

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
We don't really have players with size :laugh:

Kreider and Pyatt are big but they play very small.

Pyatt played fine in the playoffs when things got physical. People crap on Boyle all the time and call him soft, he's not. There's a spot for those guys on the team.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
You need players with size.

No, it is fine as long as the smaller guys play big and don't let themselves be pushed around. The smaller forwards on the Rangers (Stepan, Hagelin, Callahan, Zuccarello, Moore, Dorsett) all do just that. I'm not worried the at all about our size.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kreider's on his game 5% of the time. He'll have one good shift and everyone will go nuts and then he's invisible for the rest of the week.

Pretty much.

"Kreider on his game" is slowly becoming just like "Zherdev on his game" or "Drury on his game" or "Christensen on his game". Something we see once a month.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I still think Fast needs some time. Once hags and cally eb back he will be in the AHL anyway

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
pyatt,moore,asham,pou,boyle=to many one dimensional flawed players

Grats to fast and miller as they are both solid young players. I think we will have serious issues scoring with this group and I hope that hrivic,lindberg and kreider are back up sooner than later. Hrivic is better than pyatt imo and hope pyatt is dealt.
I think by mid season at latest lindberg should be back up playing on a line with fast and miller.

I hope by midseason:

hags-step-nash
zucc-brass-cally
kreider-miller-fast
hrivic-lind
-dorsett

rich as benchwarmer, boyle,pyatt traded

All those kids. I don't think so.

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
Pretty much.

"Kreider on his game" is slowly becoming just like "Zherdev on his game" or "Drury on his game" or "Christensen on his game". Something we see once a month.

He had one good shift in the playoffs last year and everyone was calling our head coach a moron for not playing him more. The new coach doesn't even think he deserves to start the season in the NHL.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Pyatt helps on that MZA line, he can get the puck deep and create a little space for MZA. He's a vet and he knows the game better than the young kids that could replace him, and there probably are a few in Hrivik and Lindberg. But at this time they will benefit more from playing in Hartford. Later in the year we may get to see them come in and replace Pyatt.

He's slower than **** and I'm not a big Pyatt fan but he is at least serviceable in that bottom six role, and if you need to you can sit him out and play Asham on the fourth while moving Dorsett up.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
if not already mentioned Fast is listed as #31 on the official site roster

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Good for Fast and JT. Well deserved for Kreider. Hrivik's time will come. Lindberg was a little unnoticeable so a little time in Hartford'll help

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad