Rangers Final Roster

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Pyatt doesn't deserve a spot even though kreider looks awful, Pyatt is just useless. At least powe can pk

I agree with all the moves, except the Pyatt over Hrivik decision. I don't get that one.
Besides the cap savings, that should've gotten them below the cap, what does Pyatt bring that Hrivik doesn't?

It's easy to see how Hrivik and Kreider might both be better served, in long-term development, by being in the AHL to start the year. Callahan is probably coming back in the first week or two of the season, it sounds like, so Pyatt might still be without a spot. The question is, who is the 13th forward right now? Is it Pyatt or is it Asham?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
i understand the need for toughness but asham over kreider I don't understand in this system we need speed and maybe kreider chips in a few.
pouliot stepan nash
miller brassard fast
boyle Richards zucc
asham moore dorsett

I think its ok but we really need cally and hags back soon

Switch Zucc and Fast. Take out Asham, and put Pyatt in. Then put Pyatt at 3LW and Boyle at 4LW, and that's the lineup I'd go with.

I don't necessarily think Pyatt is as useless as some posters are making him sound around here. I also don't think it's entirely out of the realm of possibilities that Pyatt is traded soon, and Hrivik brought back up, until Callahan is ready to go.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
Pyatt isn't as worthless as you guys think, a great player? No but he is a good stop gap on the lower lines. Better than having any of the young guys who aren't ready filling that role.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Interesting choices. Not permanent, guys can be shifted up and down based on performance.

I liked the Falk acquisition but one can only hope he'll be an Eminger (just not a real pre-season guy) because he has been awful so far.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
It's easy to see how Hrivik and Kreider might both be better served, in long-term development, by being in the AHL to start the year. Callahan is probably coming back in the first week or two of the season, it sounds like, so Pyatt might still be without a spot. The question is, who is the 13th forward right now? Is it Pyatt or is it Asham?

yupp... Hrivik surprised me, played a good game, and is someone going into this camp didnt think he was high on the rangers prospect, but deff opened my eyes..

Kreider, has effort issues.. guy picks and chooses when to skate, and as a rookie or young player he needs a fire lite under his ass, bc he shows glimpses of brilliance and we all know he has a ton of skill.. its not so much about stats, but effort and effectiveness (isn't engaged in the game like Miller/Hags etc)

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I like the moves. Not too worried about losing guys on waivers. Cap takes a 600k hit if Pyatt is buried instead of Powe who a 142k hit, can't say I want him on the ice other then at even strength... but Pyatt-Boyle-Dorsett is a serviceable combo out there at one point.

Asham was skating well, looked confident out there, but last year he didn't step up, and was an in and out player, maybe he surprises this year and plays a game similar to Fedotenko while bringing that edge. Going to be an optimist here as the team needs to have some grit. Contract year too, so he's gotta "stay relevant".

All in all the guys that are one there, are on there due to merit, and I can roll with that.

Kreider: Saw the same thing during the lockout, think his mental game needs to mature, and he needs to come to play all the time. I just think once the difference between the paychecks between the AHL and NHL sting him a little, this burner will have the fuel he needs. It's go-go-go all the time when you're a pro... not oh **** I better do something before I screw up.

I think AV is going to line his shots up along the boards unless its a skill line. One of Asham and Dorsett is going to be a third liner.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Interesting choices. Not permanent, guys can be shifted up and down based on performance.

I liked the Falk acquisition but one can only hope he'll be an Eminger (just not a real pre-season guy) because he has been awful so far.

Yeah Connor Allen was by far the best 7th D out there, and he had a terrible final game. Good for him to get minutes down there, but Falk looked awful, as did Bickel, except for when the game was over. I don't even want these guys practicing with the team.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Frankly I likes Syvret better than Falk or Johnson, but I think they want him working with the kids in the AHL.

Still, all of these options are better dmen than Bickel. We will never have a situation where he needs to dress in the playoffs for us ever again.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
just wondering, what decides if a player requires waivers to go down?

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
So glad that Miller was kept. Equally glad that Kreider is sent back to AHL to develop further.

I worry that Zucc will be kept on a line with Pyatt and Richards, a pair that's largely spent the summer in a pit being bitten by snakes.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
Switch Zucc and Fast. Take out Asham, and put Pyatt in. Then put Pyatt at 3LW and Boyle at 4LW, and that's the lineup I'd go with.

I don't necessarily think Pyatt is as useless as some posters are making him sound around here. I also don't think it's entirely out of the realm of possibilities that Pyatt is traded soon, and Hrivik brought back up, until Callahan is ready to go.

asham is a better skater than pyatt and has a better shot and can fight at anytime asham is way better than pyatt.

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
I have to say, I have no problem with any of the cuts. They all make sense so that's good.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano

Hrivik would have been playing on the 3rd line which is perfect for him.
I hope they kept Pyatt so he can be traded when Callahan and Hagelin are ready.

yupp... Hrivik surprised me, played a good game, and is someone going into this camp didnt think he was high on the rangers prospect, but deff opened my eyes..

Kreider, has effort issues.. guy picks and chooses when to skate, and as a rookie or young player he needs a fire lite under his ass, bc he shows glimpses of brilliance and we all know he has a ton of skill.. its not so much about stats, but effort and effectiveness (isn't engaged in the game like Miller/Hags etc)

Consistency is the last hurdle in a prospect's development.
Kreider shows flashes but needs to bring it every night. More time in the AHL will help him get to that level, one hopes.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
just wondering, what decides if a player requires waivers to go down?

mPBJ4XB.png

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
asham moore boyle. dorsett on the third line

Also not where DD belongs, he hasn't proven to be a third-liner with the Rangers yet.

Of the aforementioned, Pyatt can bring the most as a third-liner. At least that's my opinion.

Pouliot - Stepan - Nash
Miller - Brassard - Zuccs
Pyatt - Richards - Fast
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett
Asham

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
Also not where DD belongs, he hasn't proven to be a third-liner with the Rangers yet.

Of the aforementioned, Pyatt can bring the most as a third-liner. At least that's my opinion.

Pouliot - Stepan - Nash
Miller - Brassard - Zuccs
Pyatt - Richards - Fast
Boyle - Moore - Dorsett
Asham

pyatt is slow as sh** dorsett is a thirdliner I've watched him on CBJ he has speed and a wicked wrist shot. pyatt has none of those

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If we're going according to offensive ability, both Boyle and Pyatt had 20 goal seasons by age 26. Dorsett's best is 12.

If we're going by chemistry, which we should be, player traits as an individual are pointless unless they contribute to the performance of the line as a whole.

BarbaraAlphanse

I mean I don't have a problem with the cuts, I just question AV's line constructions as much as I questioned Torts.

Lindberg looked good and then his line mates got the opportunity to play with veterans while he didn't at all.

Kreider was stuck with Richards. Following his clear chemistry with Miller he was put with Boyle and Fast the following game.

Why does Pyatt continue to get the nod? He's just not very good. Give the spot to one of the younger guys - even Hrvik was more effective than him (and I don't mean that in a way where i'm implying that he's not a good player, simply saying that he's another young player that could have gotten a nod).

Asham deserved to get a spot. Many, including myself, had wrote him off. He came in and seized his opportunity.

Fast impressed. Congrats to him. He deserves it.

Miller impressed more. He's gonna be a fixture on this line up in a few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad