Rangers Final Roster

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Fast making the team is a pleasant surprise. I really liked his composure with and without puck. Smart player--he's a long way from having a career like Elias or Alfredsson but those are two players he kind of reminds me of. He'll need to play though.

My biggest problems with the lineup are Richards and Pyatt. Would like to see both of them gone. They are both passengers as far I'm concerned.

On Kreider--there are moments when he just takes off and looks like a force--there are other moments he seems like a spectator and other moments again where I'm not sure where the hell he's going or what the hell he's doing. We saw him nail Seidenberg 2-3 times one shift in last year's playoffs. Most of the time though it's like he's just making contact not really hitting the guy. He really needs to rev it up because he's got power forward written all over him. Use his size, strength and skating to pound guys and keep driving the net.

On Lindberg--started out great and then kind of faded a bit. Maybe it's getting use to the rinks. He's got the talent. Personally if we had bought out Richards--he'd probably have Brad's job right now and we'd all be better for it.

Hrivik was just solid throughout. He strikes me as a player who maybe not as high end in talent as some others always gives a consistent effort. The highs might not be real high but even his worse games are going to be decent.

Allen was the kind of the surprise of training camp. Like Fast--a lot of composure with and without the puck. Good skills too. Decent size for a d-man. A lefty playing the right side.

Jun 25, 2013
www.tannerglassisthebest.com
If we're going according to offensive ability, both Boyle and Pyatt had 20 goal seasons by age 26. Dorsett's best is 12.

If we're going by chemistry, which we should be, player traits as an individual are pointless unless they contribute to the performance of the line as a whole.

dorsett never takes off a shift and he brings a different element to a game that neither one bring. that's like saying prust sucks cuz he didn't score 20 goals

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
If these guys really deserved to stay they will show it in Hartford.

Remember, while guys like Stepan and MDZ made it right away, guys like Callahan and McDonagh did not.

BarbaraAlphanse

Remember, while guys like Stepan and MDZ made it right away, guys like Callahan and McDonagh did not.

Exactly.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
dorsett never takes off a shift and he brings a different element to a game that neither one bring. that's like saying prust sucks cuz he didn't score 20 goals

I never meant to suggest he sucks.

To me, Dorsett is a right winger, Boyle and Pyatt are left wingers. So they really shouldn't be in competition for a spot. Can Dorsett play 3rd line? Probably, but that's not ideal. I think Nash-Zucc-Fast-Dorsett is the order until Callahan comes back.

If Fast stinks and is sent down, you'll probably see Dorsett on the third line.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The big story of this set of cuts is Kreider and McIlrath failing to do anything positive at all.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
The big story of this set of cuts is Kreider and McIlrath failing to do anything positive at all.

Eh, I expected McI to struggle. I was hoping he'd be farther along, but realistically, he's still very young and learning a very difficult position.

Kreider is more of a bummer for me personally, because he's shown that he is capable of NHL play in the past and now he looks like he's never been in the league.

stan the caddy

Sep 27, 2011
A few months ago people *****ed about Kreider not getting enough ice time. Now he's not even on the team.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I never meant to suggest he sucks.

To me, Dorsett is a right winger, Boyle and Pyatt are left wingers. So they really shouldn't be in competition for a spot. Can Dorsett play 3rd line? Probably, but that's not ideal. I think Nash-Zucc-Fast-Dorsett is the order until Callahan comes back.

If Fast stinks and is sent down, you'll probably see Dorsett on the third line.

Cally is back soon so miller and fast have 3 games or so shine. Ones going down soon

BarbaraAlphanse

Harsh. Kreider began to play better his last 2 games. Noticeable improvements.

McIlrath has been stated to have lingering knee problems.

The big story is our depth moving forward. Lindberg, Kreider, Hrvik, McIlrath, Allen, even Mashinter.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine

MDZ struggled early on in his career in the NHL though, and he needed to spend time in the AHL for some time and in the press box in his 2nd year as a pro. But it helped him as we can see where he is now.

I agree with what you are saying, everyone takes a different path to the NHL, and Kreider is just finding his way.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012

The big story is our depth moving forward. Lindberg, Kreider, Hrvik, McIlrath, Allen, even Mashinter.
I agree. krieder even admitted to shaking off teh rust. He looked good the last 2 games. He will be back very shortly

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I too take solace in the fact that we have some capable young guys in the AHL to look to when the inevitable injury bug hits.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine

I agree that Kreider started to come around the last two games, if he could have started with that effort in the first couple games on the Nash-Richards line and built on his play from there, he would have probably made the opening night roster. But it didn't happen that way, I think he really will continue to improve and will be back up this season in New York.

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I agree that Kreider started to come around the last two games, if he could have started with that effort in the first couple games on the Nash-Richards line and built on his play from there, he would have probably made the opening night roster. But it didn't happen that way, I think he really will continue to improve and will be back up this season in New York.
He will eb back quickly i feel. i like Fats but i still think he needs some seasoning once hagelin and cally come back

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
I was actually surprised by Talbot showing, he may even be NHL material. I didn't think he was.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Hartford should be interesting this year with all the young talent we have down there.

Kreider Lindberg Kristo
Hrivik St. Croix Yogan

Allen McIlrath

Talbot

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
a huge blow to kreider's ego and an Equal boost to Fast's ego..

I can see managment giving someone the "zuccarello sacrife" after a few games...(he was sent Down after 3 games 2 Seasons ago when the team absolutly stank)...

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
a huge blow to kreider's ego and an Equal boost to Fast's ego..

I can see managment giving someone the "zuccarello sacrife" after a few games...(he was sent Down after 3 games 2 Seasons ago when the team absolutly stank)...

The team stunk, but Zuccarello was probably the worst of them all. I'm on of his biggest fans and he couldn't have deserved to be sent down any more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad