Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Devils -- 4/13/21

3 Stars

• Total voters

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Anyone have Mika's post game interview? Apparently the guy who calls out which reporter is up for question doesn't know his name...he said "Do we have anymore questions for Miko?"....awkward silence for a few seconds until one of the reporters corrected him.."it's Mika" :laugh:

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
1. Igor
2. Buchnevich
3. Trouba

HM: Panarin, Chytil, Zibanejad, Fox, Lindgren, Hajek, and Lafreniere’s energy after the game (and every game)

All I gotta say is Miller is like my perfect definition of a defenseman. Neutralizing that opponent physically followed by stickhandling in a phone booth was amazing to watch.

Also was that Subban whose ankles were broken by Panarin?

Fitting that #20,000 was scored by Buchnevich. Wish it was Igor, but oh well. That’s good too. Can’t trade him now;)

Oh, and it was a snoozer most of the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I had this dream the other night that after the Rangers beat Colorado for the Cup in 2025, Fox is going win the Conn Smythe after scoring 34 points throughout the playoffs just as some other dman for us did in '94.

In all seriousness, I still can't get over how good he is at such a young age. He really is the new Leetch!. He will lead us to a Cup or two during this decade...I'm 1000% convinced of it!!

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
E1LCwsb.jpg

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Reminder since I constantly am reading how Chytil isn’t a center or he’s dragging guys down

in his last 11 games

3 goals 5 assists 8 pts

no pp time.

on about a 47 pt pace per 82 again with zero pp time.

I’m not quite sure what more people want from this kid he turned 21 like in sept. He’s kravtsovs age

One of a large group of Rangers youngsters improving. That pisses off one large segment of posters here.

Reactions: kovazub94

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
One of a large group of Rangers youngsters improving. That pisses off one large segment of posters here.
Lots of people don't realize that playing hockey in the NHL is hard. When you are still a kid, playing against men, its even harder.
Very few U20ish players can come in and be dominant from day 1. Either you have McDavid like speed/skill or you are put in a unique situation to be successful.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Did you see in the pregame they put Kakko and Hughes scoring stats next to one another at around 100 games and the prospects had the same number of goals and very close in points.

I bet Quinn somehow is ruining NJD #1OA too.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Did you see in the pregame they put Kakko and Hughes scoring stats next to one another at around 100 games and the prospects had the same number of goals and very close in points.

I bet Quinn somehow is ruining NJD #1OA too.

It's common knowledge that Quinn ruined some players before he was born.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
It wasn't pretty but the boys found a way to gut one out. A couple of key goals from our big boys, strong D, and great netminding is the usual the recipe for two points. But if you add in, rolling four lines without hesitation and having total confidence in their improved gameplay, that could be a recipe for a winning streak.

Neither Panarin or Strome played more than 15 minutes tonight. Even if they weren't nursing sore bodies, rolling 4 lines to apply pressure and be aggressive is critical. And our 3rd and 4th lines have certainly answered that call of late. While they might not put up the points like our top lines, we lose nothing defensively by throwing them out there. And the more time they spend in the offensive zone, keeping the opposition hemmed in,.. the less likely they get scored upon.

If we keep rolling 4 lines, our chances of going on a run just increased dramatically.

Gone are the days AV and Torts used to shorten the bench when the game was on the line.
Quinn obviously knows the schedule. 9 games in the next 16 days. Every team is going through this. Only the STRONG, YOUNG and 4 lines will survive. Oh yeah, and Shesty goaltending. No team has a Shesty, like we do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad