Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Devils -- 4/13/21

3 Stars

• Total voters

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
It wasn't pretty but the boys found a way to gut one out. A couple of key goals from our big boys, strong D, and great netminding is the usual recipe for two points. But if you add in, rolling four lines without hesitation and having total confidence in their improved gameplay, that could be a recipe for a winning streak.

Neither Panarin or Strome played more than 15 minutes tonight. Even if they weren't nursing sore bodies, rolling 4 lines to apply pressure and be aggressive is critical. And our 3rd and 4th lines have certainly answered that call of late. While they might not put up the points like our top lines, we lose nothing defensively by throwing them out there. And the more time they spend in the offensive zone, keeping the opposition hemmed in,.. the less likely they get scored upon.

If we keep rolling 4 lines, our chances of going on a run just increase dramatically.

Gone are the days AV and Torts used to shorten the bench when the game was on the line.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
E7EB5AD9-FF7F-49DA-9EF5-17CC97754E6F.gif

Reactions: Cmox

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Panarin walking Suban and Miller throwing rag dolls around the whole game were my fav moments

I do love Kravtsov’s game... can’t wait to see what the future holds w him.
Beautiful sight when Miller pretty much put Mcleod thru the boards legally. The ref had to come over to make sure he was ok lol.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
I got to say, really caught my attention after Kravtsov got put on his ass, he springs back up and a few seconds later pasted that same player into the boards. Really liked that show of willing to dish it out.

Really liked Laf sticking up for himself there too in-between whistles closer to the benches

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I got to say, really caught my attention after Kravtsov got put on his ass, he springs back up and a few seconds later pasted that same player into the boards. Really liked that show of willing to dish it out.

Really liked Laf sticking up for himself there too in-between whistles closer to the benches

It wasn't a major play but I really liked that backcheck Laf had on Hughes when he took the puck away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->