Post-Game Talk: Rangers @ Devils -- 4/13/21

3 Stars

• Total voters

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Mika is fine interviewing he speaks 4 or 5 languages English being #3 or 4. Pretty much every Swedish player is similar. If you're looking for a colorful interview you're nuts. He looks pretty cheerful and chatty with his team mates. As long as he does that who gives a f***ing rats ass how he answers innane questions from a, beat writer.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
During the GDT it was brought up about Kreider fighting Severson and seemingly lost/turtled kind of thing. I made mention that I noticed he had a good scrape on his temple from either Severson's fingernails, or helmet hardware or something - which lead to him immediately turning his head to protect that area... probably a fingernail and I wouldn't doubt even a quick flick at the eye or very close to it which made him immediately protect. Wasn't intentional obviously but definitely factored in on the outcome - glad it wasn't more serious.

Chris-Kreider-fights-Michael-McLeod-during-the-Rangers-Devils-game..jpg
There was another fight in the league of late and I forget who it was but he was SMACKED pretty hard square/flush on the face ....might have been the Sabre game and Miller caught him from the Bruins....or maybe it was another game...watched it quickly over coffee this AM....whoever it was...best not open himself up like that in the near future . Keep guys in tight until you know what you are doing ...Langdon style .

Embryo

LGR Check out my music.
Oct 7, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
www.youtube.com
There was another fight in the league of late and I forget who it was but he was SMACKED pretty hard square/flush on the face ....might have been the Sabre game and Miller caught him from the Bruins....or maybe it was another game...watched it quickly over coffee this AM....whoever it was...best not open himself up like that in the near future . Keep guys in tight until you know what you are doing ...Langdon style .
did it look something like this

Reactions: leetch99

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
did it look something like this

OMG....I like the fights but I honestly hate seeing guys get hurt bad ....double edged sword . LOL...whoever it was last night ...I will say this...he can really take a punch . Now I have to go and Goggle the fights from last night and see who it was . Orr could throw them for sure . I wish we had of had him back in the early 70's....we might have won a couple of Cups then if the Rangers had not traded all of the toughness away that we had . I'm sure Bobbop can attest to that .

Reactions: egelband

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
OMG....I like the fights but I honestly hate seeing guys get hurt bad ....double edged sword . LOL...whoever it was last night ...I will say this...he can really take a punch . Now I have to go and Goggle the fights from last night and see who it was . Orr could throw them for sure . I wish we had of had him back in the early 70's....we might have won a couple of Cups then if the Rangers had not traded all of the toughness away that we had . I'm sure Bobbop can attest to that .

I saw that fight, Miller from the Bruins and Thompson of Buffalo. Yeah, couple punches really landed in that one.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Yeah, got it! What I remember Jean was silky smooth and very quick. Great skater. Great hands, vision and quite the human being! Happy he is in the rafters (I cried) and back with our Rangers family.

The crime is that Park isn't up there.

Reactions: Larrybiv

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021
Millar caught that big tall guy Tage Thompson- the one who beat us in the shootout when we lost to Buffalo last.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Strome on the other hand gives a pretty good quality interview most of the time, albeit full of hockey cliches.

He's got charisma. I'm not sure if it's what he says but the way he says it. Mika might be someone cool to grab a beer with but he sounds like he's falling asleep during interviews.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
He is a total dud of a personality, I've seen a lot of his interviews, he gives you nothing, seems like he's spaced out or just doesn't care or extremely focused. His body language also gives you nothing lol.
Probably because he doesn't like talking to braindead, mediocre sports reporters with their cliché questions. I've seen more personal media things he's done and there he's very chill.

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
He's got charisma. I'm not sure if it's what he says but the way he says it. Mika might be someone cool to grab a beer with but he sounds like he's falling asleep during interviews.

And especially at a club when he is in his "environment" DJ'ing.
He seems very dis-interested, but needs to be better. Yeah, it might suck, but doesnt he realize its "his fans" and fans of "his team"? Every player being interviewed is representing his team. Period, look good, bad or indifferent. He's indifferent.
Wasnt he around when Boyle had that issue with beat writer?
Maybe he feels the same way and is biting his tongue all tge way through it. When its over, he is prob saying "thank GOD"!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad