Post-Game Talk: Rangers 4, Penguins 3 (OT) - Despite Best Efforts, Pens Fail to Blow #3 Metro Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I don’t know how many more examples Sullivan needs to not play Phil and Geno together. He has to know they are a defensive dumpster fire out there. They all have to be trolling us by now.
No choice, really. Phil will blow a gasket if he goes to the third line, and Sid's wing is either McCann, Simon or Rust. It's Geno's wing, that's it. :laugh:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
All those things were quite common this season. What's your perspective exactly?

We made the playoffs for the 13th year in a row, played very well down the stretch and finished 6th in the entire NHL in points. We might lose in round 1, we might lose in round 2, and yes not everything is all rosy, but they had a good regular season and are showing signs of a Cup contender.

Reactions: Aiastelmon and Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
All those things were quite common this season. What's your perspective exactly?

Also common this season - winning more than we lost and power play goals.

Just because it wasn't negative doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Reactions: ncm7772

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Also common this season - winning more than we lost and power play goals.

Just because it wasn't negative doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Yes, but a lot of our frailties and inconsistent play throughout the season and the reasons as to why we lost so many games (that we should have won) were on display tonight.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
What does Jay do every intermission and post game? Can we get more of Rupp and Colby? They're at least not studded-yelling at me all the time with
excruciating breakdowns.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens made the playoffs and that is not as automatic as it used to be. But playoff hockey is still the best playoffs in sports. Last year I knew they were playing on fumes and expected them to lose at some point. But this year I am not very optimistic that they will suddenly be a team that makes the smart play and Malkin and Kessel will be fighting for the Con Smythe.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We made the playoffs for the 13th year in a row, played very well down the stretch and finished 6th in the entire NHL in points. We might lose in round 1, we might lose in round 2, and yes not everything is all rosy, but they had a good regular season and are showing signs of a Cup contender.
I agree we made the playoffs and I also agree that not everything is rosy. As far as showing signs of being a cup contender, that can vary from game to game. And that's what concerns me. We're VERY inconsistent.

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh

We are a team that battled adversity, rose from last in the conference to 3rd, found semblance of a bottom 6 and had some milestone scorers this season. Yes we gave up some shorties but I clearly never focused on that when looking at the season as a whole.

Reactions: ncm7772 and Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yes, but a lot of our frailties and inconsistent play throughout the season and the reasons as to why we lost so many games (that we should have won) were on display tonight.

Sure. But that doesn't mean it was the season in microcosm, as it didn't reflect the entire season.

I agree we made the playoffs and I also agree that not everything is rosy. As far as showing signs of being a cup contender, that can vary from game to game. And that's what concerns me. We're VERY inconsistent.

The team's consistency levels swing a lot less when you delete the games they clearly don't care about.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
That collapse was all too familiar. The team just stopped playing and Murray was just giving up free goals left and right.

Reactions: Ryder71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad