Post-Game Talk: Rangers 4, Penguins 3 (OT) - Despite Best Efforts, Pens Fail to Blow #3 Metro Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Much as I appreciate avoiding the Capitals in round 1, a series against the Isles should be seen as a trap. They play fast and feast off indifference, lack of engagement, turnovers, and slow defensemen who collectively are challenged both ways in transition. That team will be playing to its strengths against us. It may not be enough, but the Pens are going to have to be a hell of a lot better than this crap.

I know the consensus is we go as far as Sid and Murray take us, but truth is I think the bigger factor is Phil. The PP and L2 will be X-factors. I think Rust will be fine. I think Geno will amp it up. And, if Phil plays like he wants it and actually is engaged 200 feet, the Pens PP and L2 will be the difference makers in any series. If Phil keeps pulling this crap he's pulled tonight and so many other times this year, the PP will really be an ugly 4 on 4, and L2 will be playing shorthanded at ES.

And so it goes . . . Pens at Isles in the opening round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. I'll hope for the best, but it's hard to be optimistic.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Little bit of a rough one for Murr, but this team has never been one to help out its goaltenders.

(Of course some of them couldn't be helped.)

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
For the 5 or so minutes we were playing the capitals my body froze in anticipation.

The boards were thick with disbelief.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Garbage game all around. Only good thing was Sid and Jake getting their points. Need to play a lot better in the POs.

+ Not having to see geno and phil out for another OT doing nothing till next season.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
upload_2019-4-6_18-46-4.png

Bring on the fishsticks!

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Not gonna take anything away from that OT period, they knew it didn't matter and just wanted the playoffs to start.

That was tougher than it should have been considering the opponent and their habit of blowing leads once again caused problems. But they got it done, question now is can the players who have been coasting all year turn it around now and can the D hold up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad