Post-Game Talk: Rangers 4, Penguins 3 (OT) - Despite Best Efforts, Pens Fail to Blow #3 Metro Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
That last goal was the story of Malkin & Kessel’s season.. just meh

Anyway, I’m happy that both Sid and Jake reached their milestones.

I’m ready for the playoffs, bring it on!!

Reactions: Rudy Russo

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
That'll do. Delighted to see Sid get a 100.

And now to see whether this team can treat the 1st round of the playoffs as a warm-up.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
not our best effort....in 82 games we did not figure out geno Phil conundrum and never manage to develop fourth line
whatever...lets hope somehow they find some magic...

Reactions: KIRK and Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
This team obviously still has a lot of talent, but good teams just don't lose the kind of games we did down the stretch. You almost had to add this game to the list. Glad we get to watch some more hockey, but I've got pretty low expectations at this point.
Well stated, I couldn't agree more.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
No idea why MS put the Geno/Phil/Kessel line back out there for two shifts in a row.

Geno really, really needs to turn it up about three notches, and MS needs to put McCann out there with him.

The Isles are actually a pretty good matchup. They limit good chances, but also can't create any lately. If we split the good chances 50/50 with the Isles, we'll win. Just need to stay patient. I'm watching Letang and Geno for frustration and stupid penalties in the series, hopefully they can keep it together.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
View attachment 210015
Bring on the fishsticks!
1305_3_Kanye_Genius.gif

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Gave up a SH goal, lost to a horrible team, and lost in OT...a microcosm of the season in one game.
Yep, the things that plagued us throughout the season came back to bite us tonight no question.

Reactions: bigkam

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Up to two weeks ago I would have bet the ranch the Pens beat the Islanders. Now although a playoff series favors the Pens, I just am not seeing the drive and hunger and fear of losing from two and three years ago. With Murray, Pens are struggling to beat marginal teams. Murray goes down this team can't beat anyone.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
+ we got a point and #3 in the Metro
+ Sid and Jake got some nice point/goal totals
+ we avoid Wash for at least one round

- nothing about this game inspires confidence that we’ll make it to round two
- L2 is filled with players playing poorly so why are they being played together? big detriment especially against the Isles...Sully needs to be smarter with the lines
- We are still a one line team with Murray if he’s playing well, which he really wasn’t tonight

Where is the damn switch?....

Reactions: Rudy Russo

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
See you on the Isle... yes... the Isle.

Barrence Trotz terrifies me.

Thank goodness no 3 on 3 in the playoffs. Idk why they sucked so bad at it this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad