Post-Game Talk: Rangers 4, Penguins 3 (OT) - Despite Best Efforts, Pens Fail to Blow #3 Metro Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Playoff lines for the Isles should be....(but it won’t just because the coaching staff is clueless)

Jake-Sid-Horny
McCann-G-Rust
Simon/Blueger-Bjug-Phil
Simon/Blueger-Cullen-ZAR/Wilson

Olli-Letang
Dumo-Schultz
Petts-Guds

Reactions: KIRK

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We are a team that battled adversity, rose from last in the conference to 3rd, found semblance of a bottom 6 and had some milestone scorers this season. Yes we gave up some shorties but I clearly never focused on that when looking at the season as a whole.
I'll say this, we can't be taking any nights off from here on in. Or any shifts off for that matter. You're not gonna win every game. But you sure as hell need to play with a purpose shift in and shift out otherwise it'll be a quick exit. The Isles aren't exceedingly talented. But I feel confident they'll play their asses off. I'm not so sure about us.

Reactions: Trade

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I agree we made the playoffs and I also agree that not everything is rosy. As far as showing signs of being a cup contender, that can vary from game to game. And that's what concerns me. We're VERY inconsistent.

And my counter to that is that so is nearly every other team. Sure I've been disappointed at some things, but calling 3 negative things that happened in game 82 the microcosm of the season is absurd when they are playoff bound and 6th in points in the entire league.

Reactions: BHD

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
I'll say this, we can't be taking any nights off from here on in. Or any shifts off for that matter. You're not gonna win every game. But you sure as hell need to play with a purpose shift in and shift out otherwise it'll be a quick exit. The Isles aren't exceedingly talented. But I feel confident they'll play their asses off. I'm not so sure we will.

Completely agree. But this is where the second season starts. Brand new slate.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Eastern post season schedule please.
Damn NHL wats the hold up?!

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Playoff lines for the Isles should be....(but it won’t just because the coaching staff is clueless)

Jake-Sid-Horny
McCann-G-Rust
Simon/Blueger-Bjug-Phil
Simon/Blueger-Cullen-ZAR/Wilson

Olli-Letang
Dumo-Schultz
Petts-Guds
Clueless, or Phil's petulant and Sid prefers a certain style of winger?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Sure. But that doesn't mean it was the season in microcosm, as it didn't reflect the entire season.

The team's consistency levels swing a lot less when you delete the games they clearly don't care about.
Well IMO they needed to care a bit more often. My issue with this team was not necessarily wins and losses. Not primarily anyhow. It was our effort and compete level. And good teams generally speaking don't take that many games off.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Clueless, or Phil's petulant and Sid prefers a certain style of winger?

Who runs this show? Sid and Phil? Tell them it’s for the better of the team...we can’t be playing all the young guys with Sid and playing them off their natural side....Phil needs to drive L3 and get us some scoring to take advantage of matchups and G needs more workers...suck it up, it’s the POs is what Sully needs to be telling them...

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Someone convince me why this won't happen in the playoffs.
I think it does. It’s pretty foolish to think that it won’t. I guess Horny and Kessel will both suddenly stop playing like ass? Geno too, right? Maatta will learn how to skate for this post season? Murray will suddenly stop being a mental midget during the last 5 minutes?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
And my counter to that is that so is nearly every other team. Sure I've been disappointed at some things, but calling 3 negative things that happened in game 82 the microcosm of the season is absurd when they are playoff bound and 6th in points in the entire league.
I see your perspective but I disagree. I'm in line with what GregR said. Particularly in regards to tonight. We blew a lead, let up a SHG and lost to a bad team. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I love that the Malkin username is blaming Malkin..
Nija edit: Geno at least played the 3v3 like he cared.

Yes, Kessel, though he didn't pressure a guy 30 feet away who left the zone anyways is at fault here. The guy left the zone and then circled back in making him Geno's guy. Kessel could have chased but for what? He'd still had the same lane.

Bold: He did?

You could have fooled me right up to where he let his guy score.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
That collapse was all too familiar. The team just stopped playing and Murray was just giving up free goals left and right.
I'll put it this way, Tonights game doesn't instill in me a lot of confidence moving forward as to being a serious contender. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I don't think that'll be the case.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Who runs this show? Sid and Phil? Tell them it’s for the better of the team...we can’t be playing all the young guys with Sid and playing them off their natural side....Phil needs to drive L3 and get us some scoring to take advantage of matchups and G needs more workers...suck it up, it’s the POs is what Sully needs to be telling them...
Realistically, do you believe this is how it works? Really? In the real world? Do you think Phil Kessel responds well to "just shut up and play" type stuff? Do you think it's worth messing with a guy's mental game when he's been struggling mightily to play his best since the Caps series last spring? Think it's wise to potentially annoy Sidney Crosby?

C'mon dude. :laugh: I don't disagree with you that things should work that way in a vacuum, but that ain't reality.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yes, Kessel, though he didn't pressure a guy 30 feet away who left the zone anyways is at fault here. The guy left the zone and then circled back in making him Geno's guy. Kessel could have chased but for what? He'd still had the same lane.

Bold: He did?

You could have fooled me right up to where he let his guy score.

Geno wasn’t standing still adjusting his glove while the puck mover was in front of him.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Horny-Bjugstad-Kessel

Bring back HBK!!!!! :sarcasm:
I don’t hate it. And truthfully what difference does it mAke if Horny dumps it in from LW or RW? I’d rather force Horny to his off-wing than Rust.

Guentzel-Crosby-Simon
McCann-Malkin-Rust
Horny-Bjugstad-Kessel
Blueg-Cullen-*he who shall not be named

:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad