Confirmed with Link: Randy Lee to be arraigned in Buffalo court

Status
Not open for further replies.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I always love the crazy victim statements that you often see in frivolous lawsuits.
Like the driver has night terrors now and cannot work as a driver anymore.
He’s lost his trust in society and can no longer go out in public.
He now has PTSD and flashbacks.

All of that to say that yeah, he was awkwardly hit on by a creep but this was not worthy of a lawsuit against anyone. Holy crap.

There are people out there who have actually been victimized and this nonsense mocks real victims.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I always love the crazy victim statements that you often see in frivolous lawsuits.
Like the driver has night terrors now and cannot work as a driver anymore.
He’s lost his trust in society and can no longer go out in public.
He now has PTSD and flashbacks.

All of that to say that yeah, he was awkwardly hit on by a creep but this was not worthy of a lawsuit against anyone. Holy crap.

There are people out there who have actually been victimized and this nonsense mocks real victims.

all of that sure, but how would the Sens be targeted with any of that

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
all of that sure, but how would the Sens be targeted with any of that
Randy Lee was there for work.

From the article:
“The lawyer told this newspaper that the potential lawsuit would also be targeting the Senators because Lee, 56, was in Buffalo for the NHL scouting combine when he was arrested”

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Randy Lee was there for work.

From the article:
“The lawyer told this newspaper that the potential lawsuit would also be targeting the Senators because Lee, 56, was in Buffalo for the NHL scouting combine when he was arrested”
I know he was there for work.. so because of that the Sens are somehow responsible for his actions on his own time?

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I know he was there for work.. so because of that the Sens are somehow responsible for his actions on his own time?
The teams were entertaining clients all week probably? I think it’s a reach.

A reach for deeper pockets. Lol

Also the fact that the team immediately retained a lawyer for Lee demonstrates that the team felt responsible for Lee in some sense.

If I was arrested there’s no way in hell my work hires a lawyer to represent me unless it was related to my duties at work.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE

He was there on business, it's his responsibility to be there as a face of the organization.

Don't get me wrong, he acted out on his own desire and got caught. It would be like you or me going to Walmart and getting unwanted advances from a Walmart employee after making it clear we didn't want it. Do you sue the employee who has prob less money than you or the billionaire business that employed the guy. (I'm sure Lee makes more than a bus driver in this case, but you'll likely get more from the employer than employee in any case.)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The teams were entertaining clients all week probably? I think it’s a reach.

A reach for deeper pockets. Lol

Also the fact that the team immediately retained a lawyer for Lee demonstrates that the team felt responsible for Lee in some sense.

If I was arrested there’s no way in hell my work hires a lawyer to represent me unless it was related to my duties at work.

Now is that Melnyk in his capacity with the Sens hiring the Lawyer ... or Melnyk the millionaire guy that Randy knows hiring the lawyer? Anyway ... its hard for me to connect the dots to the Sens being somehow responsible... but there is probably some way to form an argument that he was in transit from a Sens function to his temporary residence which he had not reached and that somehow places him within the virtual domain of the Senators until he arrived... :dunno:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He was there on business, it's his responsibility to be there as a face of the organization.

Don't get me wrong, he acted out on his own desire and got caught. It would be like you or me going to Walmart and getting unwanted advances from a Walmart employee after making it clear we didn't want it. Do you sue the employee who has prob less money than you or the billionaire business that employed the guy. (I'm sure Lee makes more than a bus driver in this case, but you'll likely get more from the employer than employee in any case.)

Yah but its not like that. The kid did not walk into the CTC and have Randy invite him in his office etc.
So If I travel with on business for a company and I go out to a bar and on my way home I am charged with harrassment where its a violation not a criminal charge... and the victim thinks they want to sue .. they could sue the company I work for? I guess they could try...I don't think it would get too far.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
The most logical case would be that they allege this wasn't the first time he did something like this and the Sens knew it, so they are liable.

That would be a far more reasonable lawsuit then what this appears , which is apparently a deep pocket grab.

Reactions: Wondercarrot

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE
Yah but its not like that. The kid did not walk into the CTC and have Randy invite him in his office etc.
So If I travel with on business for a company and I go out to a bar and on my way home I am charged with harrassment where its a violation not a criminal charge... and the victim thinks they want to sue .. they could sue the company I work for? I guess they could try...I don't think it would get too far.

Well if you are charged with harassment on your way home from the bar you prob deserved it...I see what you're saying but if a company sends you anywhere you are only there on behalf of the company. It doesn't matter what you do on your own time while there, you're still only there on company expense.

Likely you would lose your job and the company would settle fast and without fuss so it doesn't become mainstream. But this is the Sens so who knows with Melnyk.

Last edited:

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
This will all pass with him relatively unscathed unless others start to come forward

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
When this news came out, I was extremely upset. You were constantly on my case for feeling what I was feeling and made sure to point out that you were also a parent and “of daughters” - is it worse that your kids are being sexually harassed based on their gender? If they are boys it’s less worse?

In the end, I was saying that I find Lee creepy. I was up from 4:30 am and failed to explain properly what I meant.

You are a very judgmental person, and this on a constant basis from what I’ve experienced here. You’re pretty mean. You have no knowledge of who I am and what my moral values are and yet you carry on... wanting to make sure, in an online public forum, that i’m apparently a terrible person.

You’re a bully. I would appreciate if you stopped writing to me.

You have no idea. He enjoys going after the personal stuff, or at least what Dr. Ice Tea believes he can analyze out of you from the internet.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
LOOOOL! As usual the yappy dogs hate it when folks bite back...

This smacks of a cash grab for sure, really not sure how the team would ever be liable, BUT I bet they are hoping the team will settle out of court for some amount in order to avoid bad publicity.

Who knows, with our new guy at the helm we may just stand our ground. Maybe they should include the NHL in the suit, think even bigger!

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Kinda crazy. I still don't see why team financials would need to be released. Maybe if they think Lee paid someone hush money they could point at his personal financials, but not the team.

Kinda makes me wonder just how deep this goes. We know someone working at CTC tweeted about Lee making inappropriate advances to a pair of CTC workers a month before the Buffalo incident. Perhaps the kids' lawyer believes Lee already paid some hush money to someone working at the CTC?

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
There's a 0.0% chance that a civil lawsuit ever makes it to court. Guaranteed they settle out of court.
I remember suggesting that this might be the endgame for the accuser and was told it was impossible...

Reactions: aragorn

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I have a feeling that with Mann as the new coach of Bellville that Lee will be reassigned even if he's found not guilty.

It looks like they've committed to strength with the farm team, and I don't see how Lee could return under the circumstances. Add in the damage that has already been done, and it would be a good time to move an underperforming employee to a different job if he is indeed not doing a good job in whatever actual role he's been given.

If he's doing a good job, you back him and keep him in it if he's found not guilty, but it's a good time to move him on if not. He may also need/want a position that gives him some privacy for a few years as this will have no doubt caused a wealth of personal problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad