Confirmed with Link: Randy Lee to be arraigned in Buffalo court

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I don’t know about that. He’s part of the former Sens crop we hired with Smith and Richardson. They should hire guys who actually have some experience in the position instead of good guys who are former Sens.
What I mean is that Dono has done a great job on ice working with the younger players in a teaching role.Or working with the vets on things they want to improve on...He really doesnt strike me as a guy that would have any knowledge or interest in becoming a assistant GM...In short he is perfectly fine where he is

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
What I mean is that Dono has done a great job on ice working with the younger players in a teaching role.Or working with the vets on things they want to improve on...He really doesnt strike me as a guy that would have any knowledge or interest in becoming a assistant GM...In short he is perfectly fine where he is
I don’t know what his interests are and I think you’re right about him not wanting to take the AGM job in Ottawa because I think I read it somewhere.

How are you so sure he’s doing a great job? I hope we clean house and he’s fired too.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I don’t know what his interests are and I think you’re right about him not wanting to take the AGM job in Ottawa because I think I read it somewhere.

How are you so sure he’s doing a great job? I hope we clean house and he’s fired too.
What for??He has nothing to do with the day to day running of the team...And there has been nothing but positive things said about him,he runs drills and practices...Nothing more

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Is that a threat? Or what point are you trying to make exactly? What do lawyers have to do with my comment?

What ? A threat? wtf!?

You posted about Lee having no class after Lee's lawyer does what all lawyers do, which is equivocate and fling shit in any and all directions necessary to defend their clients interests, and win.

He was clearly saying if you find that abhorrent, then you must not have much exposure to lawyers, because this is common place stuff.

Reactions: BigRig4

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
What ? A threat? wtf!?

You posted about Lee having no class after Lee's lawyer does what all lawyers do, which is equivocate and fling **** in any and all directions necessary to defend their clients interests, and win.

He was clearly saying if you find that abhorrent, then you must not have much exposure to lawyers, because this is common place stuff.

This is what I wanted to say, but was too lazy. How much more obvious could it have been lmao.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
What ? A threat? wtf!?

You posted about Lee having no class after Lee's lawyer does what all lawyers do, which is equivocate and fling **** in any and all directions necessary to defend their clients interests, and win.

No, I posted about Melnyk having no class. I don't see how the lawyer comment was relevant, unless Melnyk plans on suing me for defamation? Clearly you and Cosmix are having some reading comprehension problems.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
No, I posted about Melnyk having no class. I don't see how the lawyer comment was relevant, unless Melnyk plans on suing me for defamation? Clearly you and Cosmix are having some reading comprehension problems.
I think the laughing part was the threat comment, which made less than 0 sense

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
This is what I’m thinking...

Surprised there isn’t a clause under termination of contract to the words of effect of bringing the club/organisation into disrepute.

I'm sure there is. There definitely should be for everyone across the board. I would think they have to be extremely careful how and when they deploy it in order to not get into a suit themselves for wrongful dismissal or defamation if the Court throws the Rick Lee case out, which based on the US system might just happen.

If nothing else, Lee should be mutually let go (which will mean he wants to get paid to go) or re-assigned to cleaning the toilets on game nights after everyone has left.

There is no way he could possibly return to his Belleville duties after this mess.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This court case isn't really the issue - we all know that he either walks, or gets a very mild slap on the wrist from the legal system. The real question is what happens when it's over. Can the club really bring him back? Is an Assistant GM really worth all of that negative media?

The last thing the Sens need is another distraction, and the truth is that there are dozens of highly qualified people in the hockey world who would kill for an opportunity to be an NHL Assistant GM. If Dorion hasn't been going through stacks of resumes over these last few weeks, then he truly is a fool. The second the court case is over, dump Randy Lee formally and move on...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
This court case isn't really the issue - we all know that he either walks, or gets a very mild slap on the wrist from the legal system. The real question is what happens when it's over. Can the club really bring him back? Is an Assistant GM really worth all of that negative media?

The last thing the Sens need is another distraction, and the truth is that there are dozens of highly qualified people in the hockey world who would kill for an opportunity to be an NHL Assistant GM. If Dorion hasn't been going through stacks of resumes over these last few weeks, then he truly is a fool. The second the court case is over, dump Randy Lee formally and move on...
Melnyk will insist on bringing him back and having him move in with Dorion's family. Dorion will comply

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Randy 'Rick' Lee is essentially admitting he did what he did - and legalities aside, how can the club bring him back in a position of responsibility and authority knowing the man is a huge creep.

This organization has no values, Alfie had values, Redden and Chara had values, Phillips had values, John Muckler - I feel sorry for the true-pros on the team like Boucher who living by a high standard to set a good example for everyone else.

Everything starts at the top, and this team is rotten to the core at the top. Dorion is doing the best he can, but imagine the two men you work closest with is psychoarrogant Melnyck and the man below you is a creepy Randy 'Rick' Lee - how can yo get anything positive done with these two slime balls sharing your office space

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
No. Just no. Donovan is good people. He was a premier skater in the league and has a LOT to teach young players. This is the kind of person you actually want to surround our young players with.
Uh, he’s a good person and? Premier skater in the league yes, but we already have a power skating coach. He’s a local boy and former Sen which means guaranteed position.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
whats the verdict? is he a creepy creep...I think so

Guilty or not guilty, Randy 'Rick' Lee is a creep.

Sens fans neeed something to be proud of with this team, really anything, this is just a horrible lack of values from the team to stick by him, yes let the legal side play out, don't take his side morally.

This team is sticking by Randy Lee and getting rid of Turris, Phaneuf, Karlsson, Methot, Brassard - that's how lost this franchise is, they can't even tell right from wrong because they have no value base or leadership at the top.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
Guilty or not guilty, Randy 'Rick' Lee is a creep.

Sens fans neeed something to be proud of with this team, really anything, this is just a horrible lack of values from the team to stick by him, yes let the legal side play out, don't take his side morally.

This team is sticking by Randy Lee and getting rid of Turris, Phaneuf, Karlsson, Methot, Brassard - that's how lost this franchise is, they can't even tell right from wrong because they have no value base or leadership at the top.

are we sticking by him though? is he officially staying on with the club?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
No. Just no. Donovan is good people. He was a premier skater in the league and has a LOT to teach young players. This is the kind of person you actually want to surround our young players with.

I have to ask, what exactly has Donovan done with our kids? Is there anything tangible we can point to and say that's Donovan's influence?

I'm not saying this to fire him, but am genuinely curious. With someone like Mann, we can point to a few drafted kids who have exceeded their draft position. From the outside looking in, I don't see what kind of impact Donovan is having on the organization.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I have to ask, what exactly has Donovan done with our kids? Is there anything tangible we can point to and say that's Donovan's influence?

I'm not saying this to fire him, but am genuinely curious. With someone like Mann, we can point to a few drafted kids who have exceeded their draft position. From the outside looking in, I don't see what kind of impact Donovan is having on the organization.

I'd be more inclined to ask , what exactly has Randy Lee done with our kids?

Reactions: slamigo

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa

A few players have mentioned him helping them out. He’s not a scout or a front office manager. He’s just a good influence. He is a consummate Pro and can help the younger players learn to balance real life with the game. He has a stable home life and is a great community guy. His skating skills are just incredible. This is the type of local guy that you’d want to surround your younger players with. He’s a valuable resource and the team is lucky that he just happens to live nearby and is interested.
I’m not saying he should replace Randy Lee. I’m saying that in contrast, this is the type of individual you want in your organization to help with young players.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
He could skate well but let’s not act like he wasn’t the worst player on the team

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He could skate well but let’s not act like he wasn’t the worst player on the team
Well the best players on teams don’t usually take low level specialized coaching gigs in the NHL

Just because he wasn’t a great player (he was a bit better than you’re giving him credit for) doesn’t mean he can’t work with the kids.

Reactions: topshelf15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad