Confirmed with Link: Randy Lee to be arraigned in Buffalo court

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This is where the crux of the arguement lies though,Randy Lee even if he is found innocent will still have to deal the very real possibilty of him losing the public opinion battle...Which could lead to his losing his job,and ruining his life...The law must be equally as harsh in punishment to prevent this ,which I feel isnt

In court, you are either found guilty, or not guilty. Not guilty does not necessarily mean innocent.

Plenty of pervs get away with their crimes simply because there isn't enough evidence to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
I know this is a semantic point, but not guilty does mean innocent in the Western, rule-of-law respecting world lol.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
18 makes you a legal adult.
Back in the day, 6 years old was considered « adult » and they could charge you with something and put you in an adult jail.

I don’t really care what authorities decide what is considered « adult ». At 18, you’re still a young kid.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Back in the day, 6 years old was considered « adult » and they could charge you with something and put you in an adult jail.

I don’t really care what authorities decide what is considered « adult ». At 18, you’re still a young kid.

Not the biggest fan of this argument.

It's not just some faceless "authorities" , society has come up with an age of majority by democratic means , because the line has to be defined somewhere.

You are correct, things have changed but it doesn't mean this age is necessarily incorrect too.

It would not be an unfair position to say the specific age is the wrong one for X reasons, but I'm also not very convinced by people who claim that 18 year olds and early 20 year olds are still "kids". There are larger percentages of immature individuals in that range absolutely, but they are very 'adult' in their behaviour.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Disagree. I’m almost a decade younger than Randy Lee and a 19 year old is definitely a child. That’s right around the age of my oldest kid (16). Everything about this story creeps me out.

I’m speaking about perspective though. If you’re in your 50s, that’s a child.

If you’re in your 20s, that’s a potential date.

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Disagree. I’m almost a decade younger than Randy Lee and a 19 year old is definitely a child. That’s right around the age of my oldest kid (16). Everything about this story creeps me out.

I’m speaking about perspective though. If you’re in your 50s, that’s a child.

If you’re in your 20s, that’s a potential date.

I understand that in comparison to your age you consider them a child. I do not agree that they should legally be considered children.

Reactions: Cosmix

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018

It's not just some faceless "authorities" , society has come up with an age of majority by democratic means , because the line has to be defined somewhere.

You are correct, things have changed but it doesn't mean this age is necessarily incorrect too.

It would not be an unfair position to say the specific age is the wrong one for X reasons, but I'm also not very convinced by people who claim that 18 year olds and early 20 year olds are still "kids". There are larger percentages of immature individuals in that range absolutely, but they are very 'adult' in their behaviour.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sens can get rid of Lee...but this just adds to the horrible image the Sens have right now. How ever this turns out Lee has to go.

Reactions: Tuna99

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018

I agree with your first paragraph. But, again, it’s all relative. When they decided 6 was considered adult, to them it made sense then too. While 18 is much older than 6, it only determines a person to be an adult by law. There was also a time when it was 21.

I don’t feel that it applies in this case (in terms of sexual exploitation). To me, 18yr olds are still kids.

Reactions: The Lewler

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I agree with your first paragraph. But, again, it’s all relative. When they decided 6 was considered adult, to them it made sense then too. While 18 is much older than 6, it only determines a person to be an adult by law. There was also a time when it was 21.

I don’t feel that it applies in this case (in terms of sexual exploitation). To me, 18yr olds are still kids.

My point is not whether or not it is appropriate for him to be approaching 18 and 19 year olds. My point is when you say "young children" it gives people the perception of a 6-8 year old.

One makes him a creep, one makes him a pedophile.

Reactions: The Lewler

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
There's also the power dynamic involved. That kid is basically a young adult, likely on his first job. Lee is an NHL executive with clout. That dynamic is toxic for a young employee.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
My point is not whether or not it is appropriate for him to be approaching 18 and 19 year olds. My point is when you say "young children" it gives people the perception of a 6-8 year old.

One makes him a creep, one makes him a pedophile.

In all fairness, I think someone else said “young children”.,

At the same time, whether it’s a case of 6r olds or 19yr olds, does it change the fact of creepiness if it actually happened?

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

At the same time, whether it’s a case of 6r olds or 19yr olds, does it change the fact of creepiness if it actually happened?

Obviously yes, are you serious??

Whether you like it or not a 19 your old is in fact a man, ask any of them how they feel about some old dude calling them kids and see what you get. It's typical for old folks to do so there's that going for you.

If you can't see the difference between an older man hitting on a 19 year old and 6 year old you have issues.

I'm hoping I've just misunderstood whatever your point is...

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018

Whether you like it or not a 19 your old is in fact a man, ask any of them how they feel about some old dude calling them kids and see what you get. It's typical for old folks to do so there's that going for you.

If you can't see the difference between an older man hitting on a 19 year old and 6 year old you have issues.

I'm hoping I've just misunderstood whatever your point is...[/QUOT

“Whether you like it or not a 19 your old is in fact a man ask any of them how they feel about some old dude calling them kids and see what you get. It's typical for old folks to do so there's that going for you”

From all those statements, I could easily be tempted to say that you’re an ass.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018

From all those statements, I could easily be tempted to say that you’re an ass.

Reactions: Ed Wood

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands

To my mind, yes.

Given the context, its creepy with a 19 year old. A 19 year old is an adult. A young adult to be sure, but not a child.

A 6 year old .. holy f*** that would be a stratospheric level of sickness, it's not even comparable .

That suggested indifference in equivalence there, I'm not sure what to say to it.

Would they both be creepy ? Yes. Is one a thousand times worse than the other ? Also yes.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
To my mind, yes.

Given the context, its creepy with a 19 year old. A 19 year old is an adult. A young adult to be sure, but not a child.

A 6 year old .. holy **** that would be a stratospheric level of sickness, it's not even comparable .

That suggested indifference in equivalence there, I'm not sure what to say to it.

Would they both be creepy ? Yes. Is one a thousand times worse than the other ? Also yes.

Yes, of course i agree... and there’s no “indifference”.

What i meant is that, in either case, the person remains a creep.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Yes, of course i agree... and there’s no “indifference”.

What i meant is that, in either case, the person remains a creep.

Yeah, it's a silly point really. It's like saying you can cut off someone's arm, or kill them, and it's the same in the sense that you're hurting them with either.

Silly point, from this asse's perspective. Seems like maybe you can see that there is a difference but are trying to argue this ridiculous semantics point.

Great subject to do that with...

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Yeah, it's a silly point really. It's like saying you can cut off someone's arm, or kill them, and it's the same in the sense that you're hurting them with either.

Silly point, from this asse's perspective. Seems like maybe you can see that there is a difference but are trying to argue this ridiculous semantics point.

Great subject to do that with...
It seems that i truly didn’t explain myself well and you’re running with it like there’s no tomorrow. There are both differences in creepiness as there are in someone being an ass...

Obviously, I see the difference. You want to judge, knock yourself out. That’s what you do best on here.

Last edited:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
It seems that i truly didn’t explain myself well and you’re running with it like there’s no tomorrow. There are both differences in creepiness as there are in someone being an ass...

Obviously, I see the difference. You want to judge, knock yourself out. That’s what you do best on here.

No dude, your point is clear, it's just terrible.

You're drawing parallels between a 'creepy' unwanted advance between two adults, to a 'creepy' advance from an adult to a 6 year old.

There are no parallels because one can be called creepy, but is an unfortunate side effect of our dating ritual. The other heinously illegal, and one of the worst things an adult can do to a child. Your poor attempt at making Lee's situation seem worse than it is, just makes you look really questionable.

Call me an ass all you want buddy, you know I couldn't care less about your opinions of me, but I'm not running with anything, you're doing it all yourself by now tripling down on this ridiculous comparison.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Honestly at 30 you’re still a young kid

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
No dude, your point is clear, it's just terrible.

You're drawing parallels between a 'creepy' unwanted advance between two adults, to a 'creepy' advance from an adult to a 6 year old.

There are no parallels because one can be called creepy, but is an unfortunate side effect of our dating ritual. The other heinously illegal, and one of the worst things an adult can do to a child. Your poor attempt at making Lee's situation seem worse than it is, just makes you look really questionable.

Call me an ass all you want buddy, you know I couldn't care less about your opinions of me, but I'm not running with anything, you're doing it all yourself by now tripling down on this ridiculous comparison.

When this news came out, I was extremely upset. You were constantly on my case for feeling what I was feeling and made sure to point out that you were also a parent and “of daughters” - is it worse that your kids are being sexually harassed based on their gender? If they are boys it’s less worse?

In the end, I was saying that I find Lee creepy. I was up from 4:30 am and failed to explain properly what I meant.

You are a very judgmental person, and this on a constant basis from what I’ve experienced here. You’re pretty mean. You have no knowledge of who I am and what my moral values are and yet you carry on... wanting to make sure, in an online public forum, that i’m apparently a terrible person.

You’re a bully. I would appreciate if you stopped writing to me.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
When this news came out, I was extremely upset. You were constantly on my case for feeling what I was feeling and made sure to point out that you were also a parent and “of daughters” - is it worse that your kids are being sexually harassed based on their gender? If they are boys it’s less worse?

In the end, I was saying that I find Lee creepy. I was up from 4:30 am and failed to explain properly what I meant.

You are a very judgmental person, and this on a constant basis from what I’ve experienced here. You’re pretty mean. You have no knowledge of who I am and what my moral values are and yet you carry on... wanting to make sure, in an online public forum, that i’m apparently a terrible person.

You’re a bully. I would appreciate if you stopped writing to me.

Right, now I'm a bully.

Look man, you overreacted twice in this thread and I found them pretty inappropriate. You don't like your opinions challenged, you shouldn't post them on a public forum. You're quick with the insults and are certainly also judgemental so I'd hold off on the victim card to be honest.

Honestly man, you start making comparisons to pedophelia and you're bound to draw ire. It's not my fault you were up late, that's on you to back off the comment or clarify, but instead you called me an ass a few times and are now crying victim.

To be clear, I'm not writing to you, you are posting on a public forum and I am posting a response. When you make the comparison you've been defending I feel compelled to argue against it. Again, if you don't want your controversial opinions challenged, you shouldn't post them here.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Right, now I'm a bully.

Look man, you overreacted twice in this thread and I found them pretty inappropriate. You don't like your opinions challenged, you shouldn't post them on a public forum. You're quick with the insults and are certainly also judgemental so I'd hold off on the victim card to be honest.

Honestly man, you start making comparisons to pedophelia and you're bound to draw ire. It's not my fault you were up late, that's on you to back off the comment or clarify, but instead you called me an ass a few times and are now crying victim.

To be clear, I'm not writing to you, you are posting on a public forum and I am posting a response. When you make the comparison you've been defending I feel compelled to argue against it. Again, if you don't want your controversial opinions challenged, you shouldn't post them here.
When did I call you an ass?

You’re really not a very nice person.

End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad