Confirmed with Link: Randy Lee to be arraigned in Buffalo court

Status
Not open for further replies.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
but what if he is being screwed over by some guy who was looking for a payout. Just saying...

Is it possible? Sure. Doubtful, yes.

I really think he will be gone with a severance package once this is over or maybe they agreed to lawyer up for him now as part of the goodbye package. The high priced lawyer is to save the team name... not his. IMHO

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
What are the odds that he stays with the team if the charges are dismissed?

I suspect that, at an appropriate time after the court case is resolved, the Senators and Lee will mutually agree to part ways with Lee pursuing new opportunities.

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
I suspect that, at an appropriate time after the court case is resolved, the Senators and Lee will mutually agree to part ways with Lee pursuing new opportunities.

I think this is bang on. This case sounds like it will be thrown out as having no substance. If that happens, the team has to support him for awhile but they will part ways some time down the line.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
So randy Randy's lawyer argued in court that rubbing someone's shoulders is not harassment. Clearly "Rick" was rubbing the driver's shoulders. This wasn't the case of someone making something up but rather the Ass GM getting busted for doing unsavoury things while on a business trip. Regardless of whether or not the court finds him guilty, there's no way Randy Can Play in the Senators front office anymore.

Yeah.....maybe that lawyer should try walking up to a Hells Angels biker and start rubbing his shoulders, and see what happens.

Reactions: topshelf15

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Watch the team double down and promote him, would be in line with the nonsense we have seen now for far too long!

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I'm thinking Sean Donovan will be named AGM at some point in the near future.

I honestly can't think of anyone else in the org who could be moved into the role.

Well, he can't be worst than Lee, but I'd rather get someone with more experience. I think that would help PD a lot.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
“I think it’s because of this man’s job, it’s gotten all this attention,” Cambria said following Lee’s July 6 arraignment on the second harassment charge. “I’ve never seen anybody from the district attorney’s office have a press conference about a non-criminal violation. And that happened for whatever reason. But our hope is that this is handled for what it is, a low-level accusation which my client vehemently denies.”
Referencing reports that the alleged victim could also file a civil suit against the Senators, Cambria said, “I don’t know what the team would have to do with the allegations that he’s made. But you can form your own opinion as to the motivations.”

Ah..... That is why the big lawyer is paid for by the organization....

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Do you have some kind of proof that nothing happened and this is all made up?
No I think he meant that the team is covering itself from any possible lawsuit. The shuttle driver has named the organization in his potential lawsuit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ray Kinsella

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Lol. Shean Donovan should definitely not be our assistant GM but he’s most likely the cheapest option and is part of the Old Boys Club.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Lol. Shean Donovan should definitely not be our assistant GM but he’s most likely the cheapest option and is part of the Old Boys Club.
Not part of the old boys club.....Good guy that has done some great work with younger and older players on the team and in the system....Dont think he would be interested in being an asst GM

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
None of this is new info I belive, we knew it was "just" rubbing the kid's shoulders right?

Yes, that plus some lewd language and failure to back off when his advances were rejected.

Of course, we are discussing “he said, he said” at this point.

I wonder if there were any witnesses or corroborating evidence such as security camera tapes, phone call records, prior reports, etc.

It will be interesting to watch this unfold. I suspect an accommodation of some sort might be made between the two parties and the charges withdrawn.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Not part of the old boys club.....Good guy that has done some great work with younger and older players on the team and in the system....Dont think he would be interested in being an asst GM
I don’t know about that. He’s part of the former Sens crop we hired with Smith and Richardson. They should hire guys who actually have some experience in the position instead of good guys who are former Sens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->