Ralph KruEger hired to coach the Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
It's just an ethereal bull**** answer. Belief and Confidence and about $4 will get you a coffee across the street at Tim Hortons.

I get it, he's not going to say "Well we need this position or that position". But how about something with some attempt at substance.

"Well if you looked at where we finished, we need a lot of things, both on and off the ice"

You can give safe answers without going spewing nonsense about "belief" and "confidence" .

This team will be doing trustfalls and team bonding exercises all the way to golf course next April.

I'm not sure you caught his title, but Krueger was hired to be the coach, not the GM.

I'm not sure if you listened to his press conference, but he made a point to say he's not going to make any guarantees and he plans on diving in, speaking to the players and other members of the organization, study large amounts of video, and work on getting ready for next season. He literally started his first day in Buffalo as the coach of the Sabres within hours of the press conference.

Hot takes are not always, and usually not, useful takes.

And if you believe that "belief" and "confidence" are "nonsense" when it comes to sports, then I have to believe you have never played any type of organized sport in your life, much less watched much of it.

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006
"If you look at our roster, we've got lots of opportunities here for players to step up. We need players who want to step up and be the solution for these fans"

It's just an ethereal bull**** answer. Belief and Confidence and about $4 will get you a coffee across the street at Tim Hortons.

I get it, he's not going to say "Well we need this position or that position". But how about something with some attempt at substance.

"Well if you looked at where we finished, we need a lot of things, both on and off the ice"

I don't know, I don't find either of the exemplar quotes you gave to be particularly substantive either. In fact, saying that we need 'a lot of things' and 'players to step up' actually seem a lot more vacuous and non-specific than pointing to something specific like confidence and belief, that despite your casual dismissal, actually do matter in lots of contexts.

Saying we need a lot of things says....pretty much nothing about what those things might be. Similarly, what does it take to 'step up'? Could be anything (even a boat)

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011

You can give safe answers without going spewing nonsense about "belief" and "confidence" .

This team will be doing trustfalls and team bonding exercises all the way to golf course next April.
Those just sound like different meaningless platitudes.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Can't say I've heard or seen anything that really sways my opinion of him either way so far. Just the usual introductory fluff to this point. Maybe something interesting will happen around draft time.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland

I disagree. This team definitely needs confidence, and has for a long time. I have thought for years that we need someone who can motivate like Nolan but also have a clue about the technical aspects of coaching. Obviously, we won't know for sure until we see some results on this ice, but based on what people have been saying, Krueger seems like he might be exactly that.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Geesh. He's only met a handful of players and been looking at video for a few days. If he'd said anything concrete about the roster or how they're going to play I'd think less of him, not more.
And if he did talk specifics with such a small sample size and video wouldn’t that bother you as well.. ?
He and our team has a fresh start and two star players ..maybe a few more let’s get some guys that will commit suicide if we lose and some guys that will shame everyone into being men and have each other’s backs and we will at least be better..

We are so damaged as a fan base we expect to be pissed on and bent over.. That vegan winer needs to be beaten just like the b s .. but we unfortunately have to take our cup of medicine and pray that was a lame directive from on high and the rest has been alright..

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
We are so damaged as a fan base we expect to be pissed on and bent over.. That vegan winer needs to be beaten just like the b s .. but we unfortunately have to take our cup of medicine and pray that was a lame directive from on high and the rest has been alright..

was going to ask who the 'vegan winer' is. ROR I guess. Say what you want about him but he makes a nice Riesling.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
"If you look at our roster, we've got lots of opportunities here for players to step up. We need players who want to step up and be the solution for these fans"
Doesn't sound any different than what you're objecting to. Both are essentially meaningless generic statements.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
You had the luxury of time to think, then type out a response (probably with several corrections) and that’s what you came up with :laugh:

That’s a fluff-a-f***ing-nutter response in the same mold as everything else you’ve been criticizing.

Reactions: jc17

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Give the man a chance, Botterill is the guy who's all out of chances. Compete for a playoff spot or GTFO for him.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm game to give him a chance. Heck, Bates Battaglia has talked about how much he hates Bruce Cassidy's guts, on the record, and Cassidy is in the Finals. I believe he called Cassidy a "POS" on Spittin' Chiclets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad