Ralph KruEger hired to coach the Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Didn't get a chance to listen to the presser but did he mention anything about putting guys in the line-up based on their hometown proximity to the arena the team is playing in that night?

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
Didn't get a chance to listen to the presser but did he mention anything about putting guys in the line-up based on their hometown proximity to the arena the team is playing in that night?
Lol, call back to Elie joining in against Dallas?

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Kruger is the guy who makes you think it's a great idea to pay to attend his seminars to learn how to get rich selling crap nobody wants.

maxresdefault.jpg

Photoshop Opportunities await

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I can't believe it was two years ago that we were watching Phil meet the press. FAST two years.
Evolution provided a memory mechanism for self-protection. We are conditioned to run at the sight of snakes, sharks, packs of wolves, Phil Housley, etc., without recalling in aching detail why / what caused us to want to flee.

"I'm big on off-ice fitness"

Somewhere, Casey just cringed.
...while wrist-strapped in effigy to a pull-up bar.

I think Botts wanted one more high pick and wasn't putting any stock into the idea that we were a true contender. A lot of people see incompetence in the hesitation to make moves last year, I see a long game.
As others noted, the two are not mutually exclusive.

They better hire some really good hockey coaches to assist this man, because this guy is not a hockey coach at all. He is a leader, that's about it. We need coaches that know hockey to develop the hockey skill of this team because this guy doesn't even pretend to act like he knows the details of being a great skilled player or how a team should operate on the ice.
Others have more than adequately countered your assumption / straw man. Regardless, I contend the Sabres need leadership just as much or more than they need coaching (and they need a crap-ton of coaching).

Why does it feel like Ralph Kruger sells timeshares or essential oils on weekends?

I feel like I should get a free weekend getaway after sitting through his presser
(and)

All the "leadership" talk. Slap a sweater vest on him, put a fireplace in the background and let's go to the ski lodge for some hot cocoa and an exciting investment opportunity.

Reactions: Buffaloed

Revelate

Apr 10, 2011
Interview with Duff is worth the watch. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall of his dinners with Eichel and Reinhart.

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Duff: "What is the one thing the team , the Sabres, needs in your opinion"

Kruger: "Belief....and confidence"

This guy is a snake oil salesman.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

What exactly is he selling with that answer? He's not promising anything - he is just stating his belief about the team.

Work harder to find things about which to complain.

Reactions: gallagt01

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA

The Sabres need a bunch of things -- but that's definitely one of them. It's not like he's going to say we need a 2nd line Center or a new goalie or anything like that.

Judging from the outside, our last 2 coaches have completely lacked any presence and inspiration. This guy seems to have it. I think it will definitely help.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
"If you look at our roster, we've got lots of opportunities here for players to step up. We need players who want to step up and be the solution for these fans"

That was basically Housley's message - i.e., it's all on the players and has nothing to do with the coach. Krueger is saying that it is his job to inspire confidence in the team. It's a subtle but important difference.

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
I kinda liked the mystery. That's not to to say any of today was very illuminating.

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
The Sabres need a bunch of things -- but that's definitely one of them. It's not like he's going to say we need a 2nd line Center or a new goalie or anything like that.

Judging from the outside, our last 2 coaches have completely lacked any presence and inspiration. This guy seems to have it. I think it will definitely help.

What exactly is he selling with that answer? He's not promising anything - he is just stating his belief about the team.

Work harder to find things about which to complain.

It's just an ethereal bullshit answer. Belief and Confidence and about $4 will get you a coffee across the street at Tim Hortons.

I get it, he's not going to say "Well we need this position or that position". But how about something with some attempt at substance.

"Well if you looked at where we finished, we need a lot of things, both on and off the ice"

You can give safe answers without going spewing nonsense about "belief" and "confidence" .

This team will be doing trustfalls and team bonding exercises all the way to golf course next April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad