Ralph KruEger hired to coach the Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
What would you have said?
A new GM, Ryan O'Reilly at 2C, and Vlad Sobotka bannished to the hinterland !!?? :sarcasm:

Will listen to the interviews when driving later. Finally have a slow steady rain today. I'm 3.5 hours west of home, so I'll be driving with it later this afternoon, hopefully.

Wonderful to hear he's had broad interest in coaching staff positions.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Well at least he says they aren't going to give people easy zone entrances and there might be pressure at the blue line

I liked hearing him mention support behind whoever is being aggressive on the puck. Buy-in and foot speed will be issues, sure, but hey... something other than the RD ceding the blueling like Abysmal's system or whatever mite-level man-to-man horseshit Phil slung is a little bit of mana to my ears.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
I liked hearing him mention support behind whoever is being aggressive on the puck. Buy-in and foot speed will be issues, sure, but hey... something other than the RD ceding the blueling like Abysmal's system or whatever mite-level man-to-man horse**** Phil slung is a little bit of mana to my ears.

I dunno, I'm kind of going to miss glancing at the TV and having the immediate thought "WTF is the defenseman doing chasing his man at the top of our blueline?!?"

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I dunno, I'm kind of going to miss glancing at the TV and having the immediate thought "WTF is the defenseman doing chasing his man at the top of our blueline?!?"

Time allows me to laugh at that response. But yeah, that is an experience I certainly shared. And then we get to yell at a defenseman for being god-awful defensively when he's getting stuck between where he's supposed to be and where he has been told to go (and went).

I yearn for some basic hockey, executed quickly and with full participation from people working every shift. Just... basics. It doesn't matter what sort of style they want to play so much if they aren't doing basic things right and well.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
I still remember during an intermission late in the year, and I think they were showing a Borgen shift to show some "bright" points of how he was playing in his own zone, and yes he did a good job. But of course the whole clip is him following around his man all over the DZone, and I just was shaking my head at how he looked good playing so 'badly'...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I still remember during an intermission late in the year, and I think they were showing a Borgen shift to show some "bright" points of how he was playing in his own zone, and yes he did a good job. But of course the whole clip is him following around his man all over the DZone, and I just was shaking my head at how he looked good playing so 'badly'...

Watching guys do what they've been coached to do since they first put on skates, and then watching them do things to fit the deployed system... you can see the hesitation and confusion. I've wondered at the Pilut benching and then subsequent hard time he had upon arriving back in Rochester. How much did they mess him up because I don't see Rochester d-men rotating out like that in game action. They stay to their responsible areas, not facing a man and chasing him all the way to the blueline. Weird.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future

Now quit picking on her. We're not social media bullies.

I stay away from the twitter scene. Is it normal for a dumb post to have a team of sycophants praising the poster?

She seems to have zero insider information and deserves to have her post lambasted. The personal attacks are ridiculous. Twitter is a disease.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I stay away from the twitter scene. Is it normal for a dumb post to have a team of sycophants praising the poster?
You'll have your share of people who senselessly praise the person, most likely because it's a woman and they can't help but try and get on her good side... and your share of people who viciously attack the person, most likely because it's a woman and want to knock her down a peg for some reason.

If it's some nobody dude like me, it probably doesn't even get a comment. :laugh:

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Watching guys do what they've been coached to do since they first put on skates, and then watching them do things to fit the deployed system... you can see the hesitation and confusion. I've wondered at the Pilut benching and then subsequent hard time he had upon arriving back in Rochester. How much did they mess him up because I don't see Rochester d-men rotating out like that in game action. They stay to their responsible areas, not facing a man and chasing him all the way to the blueline. Weird.
Does any other team in the NHL do that? Chase their guys down all the way through the zone? It's so insane.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The Stuart Smalley act is going to wear thin if they don't win.

He's more like Chauncey Gardner V2 than Smalley.

I felt connected to a greater purpose when Krueger said, "We're not rebuilding. We're building on".
I was waiting for him to say, "As long as the roots are not severed, all is well. And all will be well in the garden".

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
He's more like Chauncey Gardner V2 than Smalley.

I felt connected to a greater purpose when Krueger said, "We're not rebuilding. We're building on".
I was waiting for him to say, "As long as the roots are not severed, all is well. And all will be well in the garden".
You must recognize when you're building on sand, and your work will eventually sink.

Reactions: TheStorm

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
This is roughly the equivalent of PoKeMoN_Dude_420giving Krueger the thumbs down because his uncle’s neighbor works for the Sabres.

I’m largely ambivalent to the hire until I see proof of what we have, but this is just twitter garbage.
Best. Might consider a username change

I think Krueger will get great results from guys like Sam and Casey. Brand new system everyones got to buy in to. Looking forward to see how Ralph taps in to players, and gets the best out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad