Ralph KruEger hired to coach the Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
I don't know how to feel..

Isn't this the same guy fired after one season with the Oilers?

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Im super intrigued. Boom or bust. Ralph has high level knowledge of a President of Hockey Ops but is a coach. ITs possible this fails and we sit here in a couple years going “how did we mess this up again?” But this is a worthy gamble IMO.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Big into psychology, sounds like he puts merit in metrics, knows Botterill's father from Winnipeg.

I'm curious who the assistants will be. I would assume Smith stays on, having worked with him before in Edmonton, but who knows?

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Inept management will do that. A lot of people feel he never should have been fired.

Yea...but he was replaced by Dallas Eakins...by a GM who was hired after Krueger finished the season...

MacTavish fired him and went on to hire...Dallas Eakins.

Krueger talked about really wanting to understand each player and what makes them tick.

I liked him as a coach and felt like he got a raw deal.

All fair points, boys.

Just hoping he's the right guy!

Reactions: gallagt01

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Only time will tell if he was the correct hire. There were some names that people here really did not want so be happy the team avoided those options.

Last edited:

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Maybe he can coax James Ward Prowse over to play 2C for us.

I kid, I kid.

I am also unsure how to process this hire. I don't know enough about him. I wanted Paul MacLean or Lindy from those who were still available. I'll give Ralphie a chance I suppose.

Reactions: Rasmi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad