Ralph KruEger hired to coach the Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraham de Lacy

What I like about Ralph Krueger is that he seems to be a different creature than the normal breed of coaches. His résumé looks weird. He took an Austrian team to championship five (5) years in a row. Granted .. it was Austria .. but making do with what you have and producing results is quite impressive.

Note: he was not playing around with NHL Ferraris in an insignificant league. He took what he had (Skodas perhaps) and made them into turbocharged Volvos.

How did he do that five years in a row? He killed it!. Now .. I am not Austrian (I am Swedish) and Austria is kind of bottom feeder material in Europe (can you name an Austrian player in the NHL?) but he turned garbage into working cogs of a team.

That is not nothing.

He has worked as GM for Premier League Football team Southampton for five years which is astonishing given that his background is in Hockey. In other words; he's earned his stripes working on all levels in two entirely different sports on both sides of the Atlantic.

Ralph Kreuger is a different kind of creature. He might be able to turn Scandella into a diamond.

But what do I know .. I am just an idiot with an internet account.

monktbd

Powahlin
Oct 27, 2006
Habs territory
What I like about Ralph Krueger is that he seems to be a different creature than the normal breed of coaches. His résumé looks weird. He took an Austrian team to championship five (5) years in a row. Granted .. it was Austria .. but making do with what you have and producing results is quite impressive.

Note: he was not playing around with NHL Ferraris in an insignificant league. He took what he had (Skodas perhaps) and made them into turbocharged Volvos.

How did he do that five years in a row? He killed it!. Now .. I am not Austrian (I am Swedish) and Austria is kind of bottom feeder material in Europe (can you name an Austrian player in the NHL?) but he turned garbage into working cogs of a team.

That is not nothing.

He has worked as GM for Premier League Football team Southampton for five years which is astonishing given that his background is in Hockey. In other words; he's earned his stripes working on all levels in two entirely different sports on both sides of the Atlantic.

Ralph Kreuger is a different kind of creature. He might be able to turn Scandella into a diamond.

But what do I know .. I am just an idiot with an internet account.

Well it is not uncommon in Austria that you have one or a few teams that are successful several years in a row. The parity in the league is nowhere near what the NHL is.
Just go to the list at
Österreichischer Meister (Eishockey) – Wikipedia

His real achievement was winning the European Hockey League (more or less the Champions League of Hockey in Europe).

Also with respect to Austrians in the NHL:
Every Sabres fan will be able to tell you about Thomas Vanek. Others are Michael Grabner and Michael Raffl.
But I agree the pool is rather small.

Reactions: Chainshot

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Hopefully Krueger helps with this.

Based on what I've read and heard, I'd be shocked if he's going to the be the one implementing any changes. I think it will be one of his assistants that will be handling those duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad