OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Tanking underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I can't understand how Gerrit Cole's K/9 went up significantly as soon as he left Pittsburgh.

Does anyone else think that the Pirates had Cole not pitch to his best ability on purpose so they could've potentially kept him at an affordable price?

Pitching coach who preached pitch-to-contact and 2 seamers galore

Edit: also I think a psychological element with Cole where he put too much pressure on himself as "the ace" here. Whereas in Houston he wasn't at the top of the food chain...at least not initially

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
cole was gone after his first contract from the time he signed imo

I still think his 2016-2017 seasons were epic disappointments and about 70% Searage and 30% Cole himself.

2016 - losing Happ sucked and Walker for Neise was a disaster. But people forget that the complete regression of McCutchen, Cole and Liriano was actually the primary driver.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
I want to believe but then I start to realize there is a higher likelihood that Rocker will blow his arm out before he ever pitches a game for us and then I sigh and say yep that’s the Pirates...

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
the only thing lanny gave me was a deep seated undying disdain for the cubs. he couldn’t come close to hiding how much he despised them lol

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
It's not tanking if you dont pick the best available player.

f*** the Pirates.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
the only thing lanny gave me was a deep seated undying disdain for the cubs. he couldn’t come close to hiding how much he despised them lol

I hate the Cubs more than the Braves and that is 90% the product of Lanny. The other 10% was having to watch WGN whenever the Bucs played in Chicago...in the middle of the day because lights were too technologically advanced for the stadium named after friggin' gum.

Reactions: cookthebooks

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I hate the Cubs more than the Braves and that is 90% the product of Lanny. The other 10% was having to watch WGN whenever the Bucs played in Chicago...in the middle of the day because lights were too technologically advanced for the stadium named after friggin' gum.

If it makes you feel better the entire city and state are in way more trouble financially thank Pittsburgh and Pennsylvania.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Why the hate on a highly rated 18 yr old pitcher?

He played well in international tourneys, his dad was a ball player, he's been scouted for over 3 years, ranked as a Top 20/30 international prospect by industry sources. I don't get the shitting on the team just to shit on them for nabbing a Comp B/2nd round prospect without spending a pick.

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
yeah taking a pitcher and saying you are a pitcher is a bit different than saying you two cricketers are now going to pitch in american baseball games

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
So much low hanging fruit and you choose to pick the one thing, as a fan, you want them to do? Sounds like someone misfired trying to be an edge-lord.

I'm all for kicking this organization, but at least come with a reason.
Sorry to strike such a cord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino