OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Down The Drain

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
There was no possible way this team could continue the pace out of the All-Star break. It's just not possible with the talent on the team. And did you expect the players to just tank?

Should Reynolds not go for the batting title, or Bell the RBI title? The team is full of guys that haven't made any serious money. If I'm them I am trying my damnedest to get better and make my money.

Whether the Pirates pick 7th or 13th isn't the issue.

Didn't have to continue that pace. Going .500 keeps them there. They went 15-7. Huge difference. And the way they did it...was the point. Actually making good decisions, not blowing games.

Going 7-1 on the road in the NL West no less. A division this team can't beat. Tho will say we did catch the Rockies as soon as they were basically out of the race and Put 4 starters on IL. And the Giants just came off losing stretch basically ending their season as well.

This team def is too talented to go 4-24. But that was also when Hurdle still kept using shit pitchers that don't belong in MLB. Never using Vazquez to get out of jams in the 8th to suddenly doing that. Using Crick over and over when it was obvious he was imploding. Saying Liriano/Rich Rod "aren't available because they pitched last night"...when they only were in for 1 out for example. To using Vazquez 3 out of 4 last games. Never PH or PR for someone...then he finally started to. Alot of examples of him actually managing now

Last edited:

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Just took a gander at Meadows stat line..... 30 dingers, .289 avg..... wowza Imagine having him with Reynolds for the next 5 years???

Also Meadow is back to throwing darts and Baz is their top ranked pitching prospect and will probably break as top 50 prospect next year.

I hate being a bucco fan

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Yeah. That trade is just plain awful. I never understood it. Giving up one of those players I could see, but all three is just plain incompetent.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
lololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololo

This team is an embarrassment. I honestly think I'm done with this team, I really can't support this team anymore.

Reactions: SouthGeorge

Still Apps

The New Gig
Jan 10, 2012
Home
Pirates Organization logo:

77618899-toxic-waste-sign.jpg

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
that's worse news than the Archer trade.

Year expension or done with baseball period?

This is what I mean by NH couldn't possibly have worse luck. The time he holds out for a top prospect is when teams are hoarding them and then this? Yeah Ruiz and whatever else would have been ok but we still wouldn't have liked it.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I would imagine that his possible jail sentence would cover what would be left of his career. I can't see him getting a Rose or Jackson ban, but I could see a Kapernick type unoffical ban.

I can't see any team wanting to take a PR hit of fielding a team with a pedo, no matter how hard he can throw. There's some crimes even GMs won't excuse.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Burn it down. f*** every single part of Nutting and that joke of a franchise. Could have moved Vasquez for a haul and instead we have a child predator to deal with. Sweet. Just another nail in the giant f***ing shit coffin.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Just took a gander at Meadows stat line..... 30 dingers, .289 avg..... wowza Imagine having him with Reynolds for the next 5 years???

Also Meadow is back to throwing darts and Baz is their top ranked pitching prospect and will probably break as top 50 prospect next year.

I hate being a bucco fan

I truly believe that trade was done with the intent of making our team worse. Directive from upstairs. I can't imagine any GM being stupid enough to trade Glasnow, Meadows and Baz for Chris Archer, cost controlled or not. It's one of the worst trades in the history of baseball.

If you support this team, in any way, financially or otherwise, you deserve every single moment of dread that has come and will continue to come.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Kela has the Closer role now. Blake Cederlind has to step up. And Burdi.

But we prob could have had Ruiz, Gray, and Peters.

Still getting a top pick and have a top farm but damn...between this and the Archer trade? We could have Glasnow, Meadows, Baz, Ruiz, Josiah Gray, and DJ Peters. Thats 6 potential elite players we don't have. Instead just Archer lol.

Now we have to trade Marte. Something will happen with him...career ending injury or another suspension.

Some good luck has to go our way. NH made his mistakes but damn I've never seen a GM damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
that's worse news than the Archer trade.

Year expension or done with baseball period?

This is what I mean by NH couldn't possibly have worse luck. The time he holds out for a top prospect is when teams are hoarding them and then this? Yeah Ruiz and whatever else would have been ok but we still wouldn't have liked it.
i have to think he's done with baseball, also being a free citizen. he should be in prison for a very long time.

man, this franchise is so cursed.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
And let me be clear, as a parent, Vasquez is the lowest form of scum. Hurting/abusing/killing children is the absolute pinnacle of evil.

I hope he rots, but he's a millionaire and will probably serve 6 months in some non federal pound me in the ass prison (Office Space quote for the thin skinned) while getting a bunch of community service and mandated therapy.

The Pirates are the worst franchise in all of sports. Bar none.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
shocked and disgused are the first words and emotions that came to me when I read that.

This season has been a nightmare (for real, no pun intended). I think everyone except Bell and Reynolds, from the front office down, should be gone. This franchise is just a mess.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I hope Vazquez goes to jail for the rest of his life.

This franchise is a complete embarrassment, Manfred needs to do something and find a new owner, it's a bad look for MLB as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad