OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Down The Drain

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
I wonder if something like this played a role in changing his name? It also makes you wonder if he did anything else in the Dominican that hasn't come to light yet.... this is absolutely disgusting

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Crime talk aside, the bullpen has just been thrown into complete turmoil for next year, down from potential strength. I can't see any way the team can look at the 2020 team and think they can sit out another off-season. They need LOADS of pitching (by my count no less than 4 MLB caliber arms, not counting building depth with MiLB deals) along with a catcher and middle of the order bat. It is imperative to spend money this winter.

Your best shot at a quick rebuild expired and Marte probably doesn't bring back the return they would want/need. They have to trust the lineup core of Bell, Reynolds, Newman, Tucker, Hayes to be in the mix as well.

If the winter of 2019 follows in the mold of 17 & 18, the team is done long-term.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Crime talk aside, the bullpen has just been thrown into complete turmoil for next year, down from potential strength. I can't see any way the team can look at the 2020 team and think they can sit out another off-season. They need LOADS of pitching (by my count no less than 4 MLB caliber arms, not counting building depth with MiLB deals) along with a catcher and middle of the order bat. It is imperative to spend money this winter.

Your best shot at a quick rebuild expired and Marte probably doesn't bring back the return they would want/need. They have to trust the lineup core of Bell, Reynolds, Newman, Tucker, Hayes to be in the mix as well.

If the winter of 2019 follows in the mold of 17 & 18, the team is done long-term.

Easier to build the staff around a Top lineup. Thats how the Astros did it. Pirates messed up back in 2011. But also didn't know theyd get the results they'd get from Liriano, Burnett, Morton, Etc. If they knew...theyd have taken Machado for sure giving us that top bat to protect Cutch.

Wed likely have a WS.

Now with this core. And with the next wave needing to follow so we can sell high on Bell/Polanco too. If the lineup is filled with what I think it will be. Avg, power, base runnng, defense, and overall confidence....being clutch. Then we can add the SPs like Houston did. Even if it means trading prospects ...we still have plenty after our top 10. And more on the way.

Not exaggerating...they really did a great job considering. The archer trade...and losing Taillon and now Vaz? Good Lord. But landing skmeone like Mason Martin who hit 34 HRs and 32 Doubles(6 triples) with a minors leading 129 RBIs in the 17th round? In a league where it's hard to hit for power(Swag with 9 HRS all year). Thats what helps. Cody Bolton and Jared Oliva in 6th and 7th rounds. So many examples.

Some who have the look of a prospect you keep for the lineup...and others(Like Oliva ..as much as I like him) somone you can sell high on due to having 3 plus tools at CF. You trade them before they are exposed in MLB. Even tho its a risk and they could pan out. But we need top pitching so thats the route.

Need to sign a Tanner Roark type...trade for others. Go after 30-32 year olds who still have their velocity. We had too many 25-27 year olds last few years who take years to become consistent..

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
The Vazquez thing is beyond the Pirates and beyond baseball. It's easy to conflate matters, and there are more than enough reasons to be absolutely disgusted with the Pirates from the relative perspective of a sports fan, but this situation is a disgrace and a disgusting turn of events that go well beyond anything related to the team and its immediate or near future.

There will be enough time to process the absolute, nonstop shit show of a baseball season in the winter when the dust has settled, and of course losing the most valuable asset in the abstract is a component to that.

On the assumption that where there's smoke there's fire, good riddance to Vazquez.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I should have been more explicit in my post, but that wasn't meant to even tangentially respond to anybody in the thread – just state what I assume to be is pretty obvious.

Keller is flashing a bit of wildness tonight but still getting some good swing and miss. I do want to see less of the big wildness in missing his spots, which hasn't really been much of an issue for him. I think he's been a general mix of very unlucky and needs to create better sequencing with his pitches s0 that the fastball mixes between deceptive and overpowering.

On the latter front, I would like to see him use the fastball up in the zone and above it even more than he already does. I think it will help the curveball especially play better, even though it can be risky if he misses in the middle.

Getting a better catching situation should help him out. Diaz has played himself out of a job, while Stallings has probably made a case that he's a good 1B option going forward. We should be focused on signing Grandal for a bunch of money but I won't even go there right now, and it's not gonna happen anyways.

Reactions: Winger for Hire

Ludwig120

Jun 15, 2019
And let me be clear, as a parent, Vasquez is the lowest form of scum. Hurting/abusing/killing children is the absolute pinnacle of evil.

I hope he rots, but he's a millionaire and will probably serve 6 months in some non federal pound me in the ass prison (Office Space quote for the thin skinned) while getting a bunch of community service and mandated therapy.

The Pirates are the worst franchise in all of sports. Bar none.
Nah he is going to a pound me in the ass prison man he got even more charges like wtf

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
I should have been more explicit in my post, but that wasn't meant to even tangentially respond to anybody in the thread – just state what I assume to be is pretty obvious.

Keller is flashing a bit of wildness tonight but still getting some good swing and miss. I do want to see less of the big wildness in missing his spots, which hasn't really been much of an issue for him. I think he's been a general mix of very unlucky and needs to create better sequencing with his pitches s0 that the fastball mixes between deceptive and overpowering.

On the latter front, I would like to see him use the fastball up in the zone and above it even more than he already does. I think it will help the curveball especially play better, even though it can be risky if he misses in the middle.

Getting a better catching situation should help him out. Diaz has played himself out of a job, while Stallings has probably made a case that he's a good 1B option going forward. We should be focused on signing Grandal for a bunch of money but I won't even go there right now, and it's not gonna happen anyways.

Keller started off much better than Glasnow so I guess that's a good sign. He Ks alot as u said. And has been unlucky with hits usually all coming in bunches. But i like he hasn't been like many others who were all over the place....non stop walks. Like Holmes for example. Even Brault at first.

Keller i think is on right track. Getting his Ks and while not making many miss other than those Ks....once he figures that out hes gonna be a top rotation starter.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I'm very uncomfortable with my body so I stay as clothed as possible at all times.

Yeah we're getting real in here

Tip of the cap for that response haha. I rarely wear a shirt but if there is one article of clothing I'll never wear to sleep unless I'm dropped in Siberia are socks. I wouldn't date a 12 out of 10 if she wore socks to sleep. It's just that f***ed up. :laugh:

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Welp.

Screw Vazquez, then.

Game over, shithead.

Feel sorry for any minor(s) involved.

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Talking to a kid outside of the bullpen isn't exactly suspicious behavior so...... even if security was there why would that in any way set off a red flag?

From everything I've seen he would meet these young girls then find them on social media eventually get their numbers and then use the social media and texts/phone calls to set up private meet ups.

With that said it doesnt seem like anyone in the clubhouse would be any the wiser on what this piece of shit was doing.

Espeacially with how emotional some of the players reactions were.

So I'm guessing he kept his disgusting actions closely guarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad