Race for the Calder - Part II

ODoyle

Mar 1, 2020
Credit where credit's due, Kap definitely kicked it up a notch when he knew Robertson was gaining fast and right on his heels.

Think he even acknowledged the challenge earlier, probably used it as motivation.
You think?

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
and now Robertson is responsible for Kaprizov being good.

...No?

I'm not going to go back and look for it, but it was posted in here earlier I thought.

Kaprizov acknowledged the challenge from Robertson, and hey if that inspires him to play better and be more competitive I don't see the issue.

You think?

Hey, if the tables were turned and it was Robertson acknowledging that Kaprizov was basically breathing down his neck and racking up some crazy numbers, I'd expect him to use it as motivation as well. Looks like Kap did the same. Good on him.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
...No?

I'm not going to go back and look for it, but it was posted in here earlier I thought.

Kaprizov acknowledged the challenge from Robertson, and hey if that inspires him to play better and be more competitive I don't see the issue.

Hey, if the tables were turned and it was Robertson acknowledging that Kaprizov was basically breathing down his neck and racking up some crazy numbers, I'd expect him to use it as motivation as well. Looks like Kap did the same. Good on him.

i'd have to rewatch but I think he blew it (calder race) off.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Kaprisov wasn't focused on Robinson. He said he was focused on winning games.
He did admit the Robinson talk does motivate him, but said he tries not to look to much into it. He said it’s “clickbait”

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Now now, it's still not over yet. Kirill has the edge IMO especially since the next two games he's going against Anaheim. But all it takes is one scoreless game for the other and a 2 or 3 point game for the other to sway it the other way. This isn't over until the time runs out.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Now now, it's still not over yet. Kirill has the edge IMO especially since the next two games he's going against Anaheim. But all it takes is one scoreless game for the other and a 2 or 3 point game for the other to sway it the other way. This isn't over until the time runs out.

Kaprizov has a 10 goal lead. Its over.

Now averaging .5 goals/game. Better than Matthews (.49), Laine (.48), and Crosby (.48) in their rookie seasons.

Last edited:

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Kaprizov has a 10 goal lead. Its over.

Now averaging .5 goals/game. Better than Matthews (.49), Laine (.48), and Crosby (.48) in their rookie seasons.

You're right, he's definitely going to finish the year with more goals than Robertson. :handclap:

Hell of a season!

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
I really think KK is going to get to play with Rossi or Boldy next year and elevate their rookie season so there's that, i guess. then we might be on the flipside arguing for our guy vs the guy that doesn't benefit from having superior linemates.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Hartman IS a better player than Rask, because he plays his normal role better. Rask is supposed to be a top six forward. Hartman is a bottom six agitator.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I really think KK is going to get to play with Rossi or Boldy next year and elevate their rookie season so there's that, i guess. then we might be on the flipside arguing for our guy vs the guy that doesn't benefit from having superior linemates.

Due to their positions, probably Rossi more so than Boldy. Although, it may take Rossi a while to ascend to that #1C considering he has been on the couch for the past 5 months recovering from COVID. Boldy seems primed to play on a line with Fiala.

The Wild desperately need another top 6 center on their roster next season who's name is not Victor Rask.

Kaprizov - Rossi - Zuccarello
Greenway - JEEK - Foligno
Boldy - UFA - Fiala
Parise - Hartman - Sturm

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
Due to their positions, probably Rossi more so than Boldy. Although, it may take Rossi a while to ascend to that #1C considering he has been on the couch for the past 5 months recovering from COVID. Boldy seems primed to play on a line with Fiala.

The Wild desperately need another top 6 center on their roster next season who's name is not Victor Rask.

Kaprizov - Rossi - Zuccarello
Greenway - JEEK - Foligno
Boldy - UFA - Fiala
Parise - Hartman - Sturm

Yeah Rossi/Kaprizov would be the most likely by far. Like to see if they even try Boldy at C in camp.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I'd like to see them try Boldy at C tomorrow...

If they've historically tried Granlund, Haula, Coyle, Greenway, and now even Hartman at C who all either have been successful wings or successfully made the transition to wing with no ill-effects from C experiments... it would seem foolish not to do so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad