Race for the Calder - Part II

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Robertson get taken off the Hintz/ Pavelski line? They combined for 7 points. Seem kinda wierd for Robertson to get shutout in that situation. But hockey is wierd sometimes.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Well, I don't think the even strength points argument was going to matter to most voters, but if it does, Kaprizov has the same amount as Robertson, now.

Petrus

Jan 5, 2017
Bay Street
Surprise nobody has talked about the disparity of the divisions to make arguments for and against or did I miss it?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Surprise nobody has talked about the disparity of the divisions to make arguments for and against or did I miss it?
If division disparity can explain a 12 goal difference by all means, make the case.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Interesting that Hintz and Pavelski were able to dish out some serious damage all by themselves. :huh:

But it's still not over! It might look like a done deal but there's still game to go and points to score. And unlike some other people might think, IMO it's all about points and pace at this rate. Kaprizov isn't getting any undeserved Hart recognition. He might be a catalyst but definitely not the sole reason the Wild are doing so good.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I'd like to think the gap in goals will shrink between Matthews and Kaprizov next season if it's normal.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny

Kind of asking for it posting something like this but there's actually a potato in the comments claiming Robertson would be doing better than Kaprizov if their situations were reversed. Been trying to get someone on here to actually say it to no avail. Twitter is a magical place.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
The way that I see it is that Robertson is a player that’s similar to say a Zuccarello. Great player with a great career playing on a lot of great lines and making everyone better. Super valuable but not the #1 on a line.

Kaprizov is a legit #1 superstar who can drive lines and create production out of thin air himself.

Note: The value of that player can even be seen in Kaprizov pre and post Zuccarello on his line.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Interesting that Hintz and Pavelski were able to dish out some serious damage all by themselves. :huh:

But it's still not over! It might look like a done deal but there's still game to go and points to score. And unlike some other people might think, IMO it's all about points and pace at this rate. Kaprizov isn't getting any undeserved Hart recognition. He might be a catalyst but definitely not the sole reason the Wild are doing so good.

Its over. Probably already engraving his name on the trophy.

Good on Robertson for at least making it competitive for a while. He's a keeper, for sure.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Kind of asking for it posting something like this but there's actually a potato in the comments claiming Robertson would be doing better than Kaprizov if their situations were reversed. Been trying to get someone on here to actually say it to no avail. Twitter is a magical place.

Blatantly false. Jason r is like fiala
If situation was reversed, Jason r wouldn't be leading wild to playoff, Jason wouldn't be leading wild in goals, & points

Jason R wouldn't transformed a franchise like kaprizov did with wild

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017

Couple of pretty bad takes here. "Its all about points and pace" when Kaprizov has 11 goals in the last 11 games... then calling him A catalyst but not the sole reason they are doing good. This is the NHL, each team is going to have other catalysts to support the star player on the roster. The amount of clutch in the past 5 games alone for Kaprizov has been enough to warrant a put the team on my back approach. McDavid is having an unreal season but you act like he doesn't have Drai right there and is sole reason.. would he still have the success hes having, no doubt, but he isn't on some island.

Reactions: alexgreeen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad