Euro: R16: Iceland vs. England, 6/27/2016

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The final will get hundreds of millions of viewers regardless of who is in it.

This is such a terrible argument, ratings won't improve the sport. A minnow like Iceland going far will.

I think it matters how the team goes forward.

If a minnow advanced by never leaving their own box, blocking everything, and just lucking out on some PKs or a random long ball fast break it would be terrible.

Iceland is doing it the right way though. No, they're not all out attacking, but they're not afraid to get forward and don't seem at all content to just park the bus and hope.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Wilshere coming on

d7ef79163cd8d926b66ab5ff7238d475.jpg

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
That's actually a pretty good sub. Dier had one of the worst performances since Alaba played in this tournament.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
That's actually a pretty good sub. Dier had one of the worst performances since Alaba played in this tournament.

Well now I've never managed Malmo or Liverpool but I know that bringing on Wilshere for Dier when you're going to spend 45 minutes pressing hard against a counter attacking team might not go very well

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
One of the most memorable moments of German television was an interview with then-national team coach Rudi Völler, who got furious after journalists criticised his team after a weak 0-0 in Iceland. Völler maintained that Iceland was not that bad at all and now he is proven right - only 13 years later...

Gruß,
BSHH

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
I'm a fan of Rooney in midfield but he just looks really tired. He should have been subbed off instead of trying Wilshere as a 6.

One of the most memorable moments of German television was an interview with then-national team coach Rudi Völler, who got furious after journalists criticised his team after a weak 0-0 in Iceland. Völler maintained that Iceland was not that bad at all and now he is proven right - only 13 years later...

Gruß,
BSHH

Good old Rudi

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Why would he do that?
Would you rather be celebrated because you finished 3rd in the EPL or blamed for crashing before the quarters in a WC?

An Argentinian would never disgrace themselves by managing England anyway. Totally out of the question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad