Euro: R16: Iceland vs. England, 6/27/2016

Deutschland Dangler

Jun 17, 2014
Is anyone else rooting for England? Everyone loves underdogs but **** that **** right now. England going deep is good for the sport.

I'd love for them to go deep enough to face us so that we can crush them once again. Or win after penalties, that would work for me as well. :laugh:

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Football's managed to remain quite popular in the face of literally decades of spectacular English capitulation against a variety of opposition, no need to worry, champ.

It's gonna be better when their failure happens deeper in the tournament. I'm sorry for wanting to see a France-England matchup in the next round, people...

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
is beating England really that much of an upset? England always gags on the biggest stages lol

If it was Belgium, France or Italy; No. But this is Iceland. Many underestimate those teams. Ask Germans. We had a good share of games like this over the years. We lost to Slovakia 4 weeks ago.

SenorDingDong

Apr 1, 2006
Toronto
Joe Hart is a mentally weak goaltender... always has been.

He should never be placed in the same category as Neuer, Buffon, Cassillas, De Gea, etc...

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
It's not that the sport "needs" it but you don't think England in the final would draw more audience than Iceland in the final?

The final will get hundreds of millions of viewers regardless of who is in it.

This is such a terrible argument, ratings won't improve the sport. A minnow like Iceland going far will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad