Euro: R16: Iceland vs. England, 6/27/2016

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
It's not that the sport "needs" it but you don't think England in the final would draw more audience than Iceland in the final?
Do we really have a slump in football's popularity over the last 50 years? Honestly, it does not seem that way to me at all. Perhaps the EPL is so popular just because noone gets overexposed to English players in WC and Euro tournaments...

Gruß,
BSHH

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Vardy will score. I'm calling it now just be celebrated soon! You better practice worshipping me already...

Gruß,
BSHH

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
England looks like they have no idea what their tactics are supposed to be. Every time someone gets the ball in the middle of the field they're stopping and looking around like they're trying to figure out where they're supposed to go.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
England needs to be way more patient even though everyone including Roy is urging the opposite. Long, loose passes are not going to beat Iceland.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
England haven't even had many chances so far. Iceland got the best chance outside of the goals.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
These crosses and long balls just won't work against the physically superior Icelandic defenders. Need to maintain possession and pass it around till a shot opens up around the box.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
England haven't even had many chances so far. Iceland got the best chance outside of the goals.

I haven't seen England play many combinations in this match, and I especially haven't seen them use the same combination twice like other halfway decent national teams would do. It's a complete ignorance of modern football by Hodgson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad