Euro: R16: Iceland vs. England, 6/27/2016

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Still waiting for the unselfish Sturridge to start putting in some work on the field. He'll do something world class to turn this match around I'm sure.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Those english coaches tend to be arrogant and hold down England's undeniable talented youngsters.

At least that's one thing I can't blame DD for. He's meticulous and figures how France can lose against anyone.
At the same time, under him, we CAN lose against anyone :laugh:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It just doesn't make sense.

If you're going to play long ball throw in Vardy or even Rashford and let them sprint.

Or throw long balls at Sterling since running is basically the only thing he can do well.
Wilshere and Milner (also a good chaser) are also better long ball passers than what they have out there now. If they're going to play those tactics they should at least play the right players.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
These long ball tactics are so awful. Sturridge rarely breaks into a full sprint these days so I don't know how anyone could expect him to chase down these garbage passes that go way over his head.

If only they had players on the team who excelled with this tactic, guys such as Vardy and Rashford. Unfortunate that they don't.:sarcasm:

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Iceland should attack down the middle not the wing, Rooney does nothing defensively.

Also, that ref is ripped

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Is anyone else rooting for England? Everyone loves underdogs but **** that **** right now. England goinng deep is good for the sport.

I am and this is me right now:

tumblr_nn07knsUMX1sh5jnso1_500.gif

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Is anyone else rooting for England? Everyone loves underdogs but **** that **** right now. England going deep is good for the sport.
Don't have much hard feeling towards that english squad, lots of young exciting players.

But Iceland is such a great story. How can anyone root against them?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I am and this is me right now:

tumblr_nn07knsUMX1sh5jnso1_500.gif

http://www.theonion.com/article/man-who-thought-hed-lost-all-hope-loses-last-addit-322

Man Who Thought He'd Lost All Hope Loses Last Additional Bit Of Hope He Didn't Even Know He Still Had

INDIANAPOLIS–Despite assuming that he had lost every last possible ounce of hope long ago, area office-supply coordinator Bob Dempsey, 31, was surprised to discover Monday that he did, in fact, possess one tiny additional shred of hope, which he subsequently lost.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I want England to win, but Iceland overcoming huge odds to go deep into the tournament is such a great story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad