Euro: R16: Iceland vs. England, 6/27/2016

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
England has had some difficulty with teams playing behind the ball, so I'm interested to see how they approach the game. Iceland also carries some goal threat even on their rare forays forward.

Jul 26, 2007
Vermont
I'd almost rather be playing Portugal, at least they'd come at us. We'll have the classic England lack of ideas against defensive side game no doubt, and scrape through 1-0 or lose on penalties.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
I'd almost rather be playing Portugal, at least they'd come at us. We'll have the classic England lack of ideas against defensive side game no doubt, and scrape through 1-0 or lose on penalties.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Ég er frá Ãslandi. Viltu tala um það? :D

6353_8_screenshot.png

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
England win but it will be their typical labored, slow build up performance, possibly 2:0 but won't be shocked if its a late winner too. Iceland at best will hope for some set piece or throw in in England's half :laugh:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Read that the FA aren't happy that Vardy made his mind up about staying at Leicester while the Euros were still going on.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/euro-2016/525130/England-Euro-2016-Jamie-Vardy-FA-bosses

Hodgson ordered him to forget about Arsenal and focus on helping England succeed in France.

Hodgson has banned agents from the team hotel in Chantilly on the outskirts of Paris and wants his stars to concentrate on the finals and nothing else.

Vardy, 29, held talks with Hodgson to assure him he was fully focused on the job in hand.

But less than a week later it has emerged Vardy has negotiated the bumper new deal with the Premier League champions after making a life-changing decision to snub a move to the Emirate

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Good for Vardy.

**** Hodgson, it's Vardy's career, let him choose when he wants to.

Hell, if not for Vardy, England probably doesn't even have another match to look forward to. :laugh:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Good for Vardy.

**** Hodgson, it's Vardy's career, let him choose when he wants to.

Hell, if not for Vardy, England probably doesn't even have another match to look forward to. :laugh:

Did I read right that he is going to be making something along the lines of ₤120,000 a week? Or was that the Arsenal deal?

What would you even do with that kind of money? Drive a different Bentley every day? :laugh:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Did I read right that he is going to be making something along the lines of ₤120,000 a week? Or was that the Arsenal deal?

What would you even do with that kind of money? Drive a different Bentley every day? :laugh:

£120,000 per week was the Arsenal deal. I think his new Leicester deal is around £100,00 per week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad