Not open for further replies.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Reactions: Grantham

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Hughes was not BPA at 7 in '18...he was in a muddled group of 4 (Dobson, Bouchard, Smith and Boqvist) I think most of us forget that he had "no pointshot" at all.... like think Henrik. He developed that shot you saw last night AFTER being drafted. Same thing with Horvat and his skating, Pettersson with his endurance.

Although no one would say that we are masters at developing elite talent, you have to give the scouts props that they identified prospects with the potential to overcome the 'knock' on them. Up until the beginning of this season, I was skeptical that we can play him top 2 minutes. Man was I wrong.

Reactions: Neddam ot Sehguh

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Hughes was not BPA at 7 in '18...he was in a muddled group of 4 (Dobson, Bouchard, Smith and Boqvist) I think most of us forget that he had "no pointshot" at all.... like think Henrik. He developed that shot you saw last night AFTER being drafted. Same thing with Horvat and his skating, Pettersson with his endurance.

Although no one would say that we are masters at developing elite talent, you have to give the scouts props that they identified prospects with the potential to overcome the 'knock' on them. Up until the beginning of this season, I was skeptical that we can play him top 2 minutes. Man was I wrong.
Man was I wrong too :yo:

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
So weird. Every year we have a rookie outdo the super rookie that came before them

We had Boeser outdone by Petey and now we're having Petey's rookie season being outdone by Hughes.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Two more goals and he hits another sched A bonus. He was going to max out his bonuses regardless but a few weeks ago I didn't think the one for 10 goals was in reach. Unreal.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Luke Hughes had a hot start this year but is not putting up anywhere close to the numbers that Quinn and Jack did at the same age

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Luke Hughes had a hot start this year but is not putting up anywhere close to the numbers that Quinn and Jack did at the same age

Thats actually incorrect.

Luke has already out produced Quinn in his 16 year old season in less games (17 less games). Quinn didnt break out until his 17 year old season.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Thats actually incorrect.

Luke has already out produced Quinn in his 16 year old season in less games. Quinn didnt break out until his 17 year old season.

I might have mixed up years but isn't Luke's draft season next year? Was Quinn a late birthday?

Edit: Used my fingers to count this time, Luke is performing very well

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I might have mixed up years but isn't Luke's draft season next year? Was Quinn a late birthday?

Yes Lukes draft year is next year.

Quinn was a late birthday, but birth year is the only comparisons one should make pre draft. Their birth months are only 1 month apart. They were essentially the same age in their 16 year old seasons.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Yes Lukes draft year is next year.

Quinn was a late birthday, but birth year is the only comparisons one should make pre draft. Their birth months are only 1 month apart. They were essentially the same age in their 16 year old seasons.
Yes youre correct

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Three brothers at the top of the draft: number 1, number 7 and not sure where Luke goes but looks like another top pick.
That's just insane. I'm not sure that's ever been done in any sport that relies on a draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia