Player Discussion Quinn Hughes, Pt. VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
But we needed the cap space to sign Holtby so that he can mentor Demko. He's far more important than Tanev.
And if Demko shit the bed you would bitch that Benning should have had a backup plan.
People are so focused on negative shit instead of thanking God Marky was not brought back and even if Holtby doesn't get claimed, so what its one year and we still need a backup unless throwing Depietro or Silov is the plan?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
People are so focused on negative shit instead of thanking God Marky was not brought back

I'm surprised at the amount of people that want demko to fail, and still think we should have brought Markstrom back.
and that's even with what we know today in how Demko is playing.

That's why this canuck section gets so tiresome pretty quick. You can't like anything about a player because it is suddenly associated with liking everything Benning has done.

Reactions: Blue and Green

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I'm surprised at the amount of people that want demko to fail, and still think we should have brought Markstrom back.
and that's even with what we know today in how Demko is playing.

That's why this canuck section gets so tiresome pretty quick. You can't like anything about a player because it is suddenly associated with liking everything Benning has done.
There is a bunch of very negative posters on here whose sole focus is pick on little things out of context, its a msg board you also get really optimistic posters too, the negative outnumber the positive because our management is bad overall in our 50 year history. Signing Holtby for two years is a decent insurance plan, buys Demko the time to grow into the starter role without committing too long to a veteran on a downward trajectory, there is also the Clarke factor. What Benning did not forsee is how bad Holtby is on a bad team like ours even with Clarke's help. Signing Holtby is not without merit at the time, the better choice would be Greiss, but the pickings slim. Benning gets a pass from me with holtby.

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
And if Demko shit the bed you would bitch that Benning should have had a backup plan.
People are so focused on negative shit instead of thanking God Marky was not brought back and even if Holtby doesn't get claimed, so what its one year and we still need a backup unless throwing Depietro or Silov is the plan?

I don't have the myopic view that signing a declining backup for a 4.3M is a good idea... Holtby was declining for two seasons before we signed him.. It's a poor signing, which is the norm given this team's prowess in pro scouting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad