Prospect Info: Quinn Hughes, Pt. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Massive 2 game tilt (tonight, Saturday) for Quinn and Michigan vs 12th ranked Penn St.

Injury note ' Quinn picked up a shoulder stinger last game and josh norris has yet to play since WJC

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
When's the soonest this could happen?
Last game is March 2nd against Wisconsin

Travis Green probably gives him 4 or 5 days to wrap up, practise and get the systems up to speed. I would predict Vegas at home on the Saturday night March 9th.
Would mean he plays 14 games

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Michigan will be playing until at least March 9 (game 2 in best of 3 for Big Ten tourney opening round). So March 13 vs Rangers is the earliest.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
If Michigan's season looks hopeless, Canucks could get him sooner. It would be nice to see him play some games before the trade deadline.

I doubt Quinn jumps ship on his team and turns pro until their season is completely finished. I think he is a character guy and wants to be there for the guys. That’s how I like to see it anyhow and I don’t begrudge any player going that route

Reactions: JuniorNelson

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
Massive 2 game tilt (tonight, Saturday) for Quinn and Michigan vs 12th ranked Penn St.

Injury note ' Quinn picked up a shoulder stinger last game and josh norris has yet to play since WJC
mgoblue.com and collegehockeynews.com have them off this week and playing Penn State on 24th then on tv (BTN) 26th

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
JBPB, I'm sure you are right. I totally doubt Quinn is driving the conversation. Canucks, if they are serious about playoffs, should be checking things out, though.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Would it matter considering we know benning lies outright?
Google Image Result for https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DsiwU8TWwAMwvrD.jpg
Google Image Result for https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8RnF29W0AU87Sl.jpg

May as well add this part in;
https://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-bulis/press-conference-for-jim-benning-s-contract-extension-was-a-missed-opportunity-for-a-new-message-1.

“The bottom line is our goal is to win games and to be competitive to make the playoffs, that’s what we’re here for,” he added. Feb 2018 article
Farther down that article it says this:
"Apart from that brief mention of becoming a contender, the only talk was of competitiveness, which is a conveniently wishy-washy word. How do you judge if a team is “competitive” or not? Do the results matter, if all you desire is for the team to be competitive? Does winning matter?
Have the Canucks been competitive this season? Benning thinks so.
“I feel like we made real strides this year,” said Benning. “I think with injuries, that played into it, but we play a fast style of game now, our guys have worked hard and been competitive. I think we’re heading in the right direction, I really do.

I will rephrase your quote as to what he meant..The bottom line is (we want) to win enough games to be a (future) competitive playoff team..It does not say.".We're going for the playoffs"..

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Farther down that article it says this:
"Apart from that brief mention of becoming a contender, the only talk was of competitiveness, which is a conveniently wishy-washy word. How do you judge if a team is “competitive” or not? Do the results matter, if all you desire is for the team to be competitive? Does winning matter?
Have the Canucks been competitive this season? Benning thinks so.
“I feel like we made real strides this year,” said Benning. “I think with injuries, that played into it, but we play a fast style of game now, our guys have worked hard and been competitive. I think we’re heading in the right direction, I really do.

I will rephrase your quote as to what he meant..The bottom line is (we want) to win enough games to be a (future) competitive playoff team..It does not say.".We're going for the playoffs"..

You literally added words to his message.

Let me rephrse it for you as to what he meant

The bottom line is to win enough games (now) to be a competitive playoff team (now)

You asked for a quote of him talking about the playoff as the goal and I provided that. You don’t get to read between the lines and add words otherwise I can do the same. His goal is still to make the playoffs this season and the addition of beagle, rousell are exactly for that.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
You literally added words to his message.

Let me rephrse it for you as to what he meant

The bottom line is to win enough games (now) to be a competitive playoff team (now)

You asked for a quote of him talking about the playoff as the goal and I provided that. You don’t get to read between the lines and add words otherwise I can do the same. His goal is still to make the playoffs this season and the addition of beagle, rousell are exactly for that.
Benning signs two 4th line players, and one agitating third player, which signals a playoff push?...Okey Dokey

Where are those Jennifer Lawrence gifs when you need them?

Ryan Miller*

Jan 13, 2017
Hughes and Pettersson are both such intelligent and creative players that together in their prime they might just change how the game of hockey is played. Both have rover aspects to their game which might complement each other, considering one is a D and the other a F. Will never forget Benning's face after drafting Hughes - he knows there will be a statue of his portly figure outside Roger's one day.

Pump n Dump

Sep 2, 2009
North Vancouver, BC
Hughes and Pettersson are both such intelligent and creative players that together in their prime they might just change how the game of hockey is played. Both have rover aspects to their game which might complement each other, considering one is a D and the other a F. Will never forget Benning's face after drafting Hughes - he knows there will be a statue of his portly figure outside Roger's one day.

Yeah, likely sitting on top of that thing Roger Neilson is holding.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Immediately after drafting Hughes...Benning twirled his finger in the air, and said 'home-run'...Looked like the cat that just ate the canary

Dont know about the statue though..

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Cough. Cough. Ahem.
That should be a statue outside “The Jim Benning Arena”. The parade will be down Benning Avenue with a right at Jimbo Street.

Reactions: Ryan Miller*
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad