Prospect Info: Quinn Hughes, Pt. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
"Luca Sbisa will be a top 4 defensemen for us"
"Sutter is a foundational player for us"

Does this kind of judgement sound unquestionable? How about this sequence of trades

Kesler = Bonino, Sbisa, McCann, 3rd = Sutter, Gudbranson, Dorsett = injured Sutter, Tanner Pearson

How to turn a gritty Selke power forward centre (maybe the single most derivable asset in the league) into Tanner Pearson.

[minus a third (85th overall), 2nd (55 overall), 2nd (33 overall), 4th (94 overall]

That is the chain of events from those brilliant men in the organization.

The people you speak of who understood the CBA and Salary Cap etc. were coerced out of the organization years ago.
I mean, all fair but your username is “tryamkin please return.” Your assessment of talent is horrific. Don’t be a drama queen. Hughes was never playing 11 games

Reactions: Drop the Sopel

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
The case and point about no one in this organization having any brains is how they didn’t know to have a proper roster the first year at the start of the season.

If they don’t know something so basic then yea I expect them to be dumb

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Dan Murphy said he doesnt think Hughes will get in the lineup tomorrow
He says Canucks got in at 2 am and wont be practicing today.

Hughes will have a chance to test the ankle at practice on Thursday and Friday then they'll decide then if hes ready for Saturday Sunday games.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Q Is still in a walking boot as of yesterday. I believe he is getting a 2nd MRI today or tomorrow.

Depending on the results then he might suit up Saturday but that's probably best case scenario.

Chances are they wait until next week

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Q Is still in a walking boot as of yesterday. I believe he is getting a 2nd MRI today or tomorrow.

Depending on the results then he might suit up Saturday but that's probably best case scenario.

Chances are they wait until next week
Green usually wants guys to have a couple full practices before playing them. It is a homestand though, so JB might put some pressure on Green to get Hughes in right away, so they sell-out.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Green usually wants guys to have a couple full practices before playing them. It is a homestand though, so JB might put some pressure on Green to get Hughes in right away, so they sell-out.

Canucks were given the day off today. They practice tomorrow morning at UBC so it will be a good indication on Quinns injury progress.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
As long as Green and the Canucks have this vain hope of actually making the playoffs, I doubt they'd be willing to ease him into the lineup. So I don't see much hope of him getting more than four or five games.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
As long as Green and the Canucks have this vain hope of actually making the playoffs, I doubt they'd be willing to ease him into the lineup. So I don't see much hope of him getting more than four or five games.
How many more games before the GM and coach accept this is not a playoff team, and we need to be playing the young guys?

Feb 19, 2018
What young guys? You mean Utica players?

Are you serious? We have a top 5 youngest team in the league so probably those young guys. Our franchise Centre is 20. Our number one Dman will be 20 next year and our top winger will be 23. Horvat is considered old on our team and he’s 25.

Our only older players are Loui/Sutter/Beagle/Tanev/Edler.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
Are you serious? We have a top 5 youngest team in the league so probably those young guys. Our franchise Centre is 20. Our number one Dman will be 20 next year and our top winger will be 23. Horvat is considered old on our team and he’s 25.

Are you serious? Our young guys are playing. He was insinuating that they aren’t. So I assumed correctly or incorrectly that he may mean players down in Utica

Oliewud

May 13, 2013

Horvats 23 turning 24 in april.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
So if he DOESNT play a game this season does that mean his ELC starts next season?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
It would be extremely in line with this administration for us to burn a year of his ELC without him even playing a game to peddle the hope narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->