Prospect Info: Quinn Hughes, Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Umm....who is calling him generational? He's a 7th overall pick, not Connor McDavid.

Clearing 1 PPG would be very encouraging. I have no clue why you or anyone is throwing around 1.4+ PPG as an expectation because that is just completely ludicrous. It's nigh unheard of for defencemen to do that in the NCAA.
. To be fair it would make more sense if half the conversation didn't get moved to another thread. Now neither thread makes sense because the context is lost.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver

carrotshirt

Jan 1, 2009
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"> HUGHES!! <br><br>Quinn Hughes with his first of the year to even the score at one apiece. <a href="#GoBlue hashtag on Twitter">#GoBlue</a> <a href="Michigan Hockey on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/D5NpN7f6px</a></p>&mdash; Michigan Hockey (@umichhockey) <a href="">October 20, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Quiet in here! Wonder if this tweet will embed, cuz I dunno what I'm doing, but his movement on the blue line is nuts.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
So howd him and Lockwood play yesterday? Anyone watch?

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
So howd him and Lockwood play yesterday? Anyone watch?
I listened to a bit of the radio feed. Naturally I can't tell you much based on that. Lockwood skated on the top line with Jake Slaker at LW and Josh Norris at C and contributed with his speed and hard work at even strength. He got an assist on the 3rd goal scored by Norris.

Hughes sounded pretty quiet, but was on the ice with Lockwood when Norris scored his goal. Again, can't really say anymore from listening to half the game on the radio. It was a pretty uneventful game, though.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Nice to hear he's having a good start on what looks to be a non-juggernaught team this year.

Man oh man would I like to see him develop a better slapshot/onetimer.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Excellent start especially considering his pointless first game where he should have had 2-3 points with the chances he was setting up.

4 shots on goal today. Last game I think he had 7 shot attempts, hopefully that trend continues would like his goal totals higher this year.

Reactions: lindgren

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
The game wasnt broadcast on the NCAA. Neither game was.

The result is expected, in fact the score probably should have been more lopsided.
Over the course of the last 2 nights they probably had 90-100 shot attempts.

Watched a period of Jack Rathbone who got his first assist, but didn't see it.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Having a good season so far. Michigan is hella random and inconsistent though. It's early, but looks like Makar is the front runner for the hobey.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
it is weird that a generational talent would drop to 7th but i also do get the hype.
Erik Karlsson fell to 15th overall. Didn’t stop him from becoming generational

Not saying Hughes will be generational. I have my doubts but I can also see why he could become one. Using draft position as to why it probably won’t happen though is one of the worst reasons you could use

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Erik Karlsson fell to 15th overall. Didn’t stop him from becoming generational

Not saying Hughes will be generational. I have my doubts but I can also see why he could become one. Using draft position as to why it probably won’t happen though is one of the worst reasons you could use

i think you are reading way too much into my comment.

to my recall karlsson was not touted as a potential generational talent by anyone until he hit the nhl, but otherwise i guess that is a pretty fair analogy of a very talented dman who was maybe passed over because he was perceived as not nhl ready and potentially too small.

TheOtherGM

Jan 8, 2007
We are so lucky to have two generational talents breaking into our lineup at the same time.
Who will be able to stop us? :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad