Prospect Info: Quinn Hughes, Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
I find him playing a little more simple game than earlier in the tournament and I think he is much more effective this way.

Agree with this. He wasn't playing a very good team game in the first few games and just constantly held onto the puck and tried to go 1 on 5.

Slapshot_11

Aug 30, 2006
Because a guy touted to be the saviour of producing offense from our back end ought to be a PP catalyst. I cant think of many impact offensive D men that dont play on the top PP.
Maybe its just the player personnel on us.. He might be needed more on pp2. Idk. How much pp time does he get compared to pp1s d?

If he had a rocket of shot along with his current abilities, he would be on pp1 for sure

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
He had a pretty average tournament overall, but it’s not like he was bad or anything, I think everybody just has very high expectations of him, especially myself who honestly thinks that he’s going to be a top defenceman in this league.

Wow I think his skating is obviously elite, His top and speed it is actually pretty average.

It’s literally everything else with his skating that is just pure magic to watch

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
He had a pretty average tournament overall, but it’s not like he was bad or anything, I think everybody just has very high expectations of him, especially myself who honestly thinks that he’s going to be a top defenceman in this league.

Wow I think his skating is obviously elite, His top and speed it is actually pretty average.

It’s literally everything else with his skating that is just pure magic to watch

I feel like you must be almost entirely ignoring the defensive side of the game to think that he is going to be a top defensemen in the league.

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
While I was multi-tasking watching the Canucks, Raptors, and Seahawks I did catch a good portion of the game and thought that Quinn played really well. Much sharper then last game where he wasn't very good.

Nice to at least see him stepping up in big time situations......

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017
Should have a strong 2nd half with Michigan. Playing against men is more important than a 10 day junior tournament for his development. There is really not a ton to gain for players that are already having success in older environments like Boeser, Pettersson, Hughes, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad