Prospect Info: Quinn Hughes, Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Why does UMICH get scored on at will. They have given up 20 goals in their first 4 games (2 exhibition), and now 3 goals already 2 mins into the second. They are on pace for another 5-6 GAA.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Their goaltending has been absolutely pathetic so far. 17/22 tonight.

I've only seen one of their games this season though so I have no idea if Quinn is directly linked to high-danger scoring chances against or whatever.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
9JA7Fxt.jpg

o_O

elwin316

Jun 4, 2009
Please be good. I love the concept of the pick and I respect the risk. But I really really hope he pans out, would be so fun to watch.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Please be good. I love the concept of the pick and I respect the risk. But I really really hope he pans out, would be so fun to watch.

I think he (and Juolevi if he pans out as a top 4) are exactly what this team needs. Solid playmaking D that use their skating, IQ, and passing to open up lanes and set up our elite shooters like Brock and Petey. In an ideal scenario where everyone tops out where I hope they do, we have Quinn QBing PP1 and Olli QBing PP2. That + good lead passes and better zone entries instead of this whole chip and chase thing we have going on rn is going to bust our offense wide open.

elwin316

Jun 4, 2009
I think he (and Juolevi if he pans out as a top 4) are exactly what this team needs. Solid playmaking D that use their skating, IQ, and passing to open up lanes and set up our elite shooters like Brock and Petey. In an ideal scenario where everyone tops out where I hope they do, we have Quinn QBing PP1 and Olli QBing PP2. That + good lead passes and better zone entries instead of this whole chip and chase thing we have going on rn is going to bust our offense wide open.

I agree, it's still a lot to ask for (mainly because of Joulevi) but it would be amazing if true.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
PPs of the future:

PP1

Dahlen Pettersson Gaudette
Boeser Q Hughes

PP2

J Hughes Horvat Goldobin
Juolevi Woo

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
PPs of the future:

PP1

Boeser Q Hughes

PP2

J Hughes Horvat Goldobin
Juolevi Woo
For the 100th time...Gaudette is not going to be better than Bo.
Bo scores over 40 pts in the nhl at Gaudette's current age
Hell if we get Jack Hughes, Gaudette is probably on the trade block because he's a waste of talent as a 4C.

Reactions: brokenhole

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
PPs of the future:

PP1

Boeser Q Hughes

PP2

J Hughes Horvat Goldobin
Juolevi Woo

Gaudette 0 points in 8 regular season games. 0 points in 3 preseason games.

Let's wait for his 1st nhl point before making anymore future predictions.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I definitely think Michigan is going to change the way they play with neither goalie being able to stop a beach ball.

I can't speak for last night. But they should have won on friday 6-1 or 6-2. It shouldn't have been close at all.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
For the 100th time...Gaudette is not going to be better than Bo.
Bo scores over 40 pts in the nhl at Gaudette's current age
Hell if we get Jack Hughes, Gaudette is probably on the trade block because he's a waste of talent as a 4C.

He's got Gaudette on the wing, but having said that, I don't even think Gaudette will be as good as Goldobin. Goldobin has looked much better this year.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
What are your point expectations for Hughes this season? I expect him to dominate, be at least a PPG player, and hopefully if all goes well and his teammates bury the chances he creates for them be closer to a 2 PPG player.

I’m looking at Cale Makar as a barometer for how well he should be doing. Both smaller faster defense men with high end skills drafted high 1 year apart.

Last edited:

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
What are your point expectations for Hughes? I expect him to dominate, be at least a PPG player, and hopefully if all goes well and his teammates bury the chances he creates for them be closer to a 2 PPG player.

I’m looking at Cale Makar as a barometer for how well he should be doing. Both smaller faster defense men with high end skills drafted high 1 year apart.
I think he can be a Torey Krug with better defense. PPG d-man is extremely rare, its basic Karlsson who has done it in the las 10 years.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
I think he can be a Torey Krug with better defense. PPG d-man is extremely rare, its basic Karlsson who has done it in the las 10 years.

My bad I wasn't making myself clear enough. I was talking about this year in the NCAA.

Eventually though I do think Hughes will be a PPG guy in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad