Prospect Info: Quinn Hughes, Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Turned out disappointing, was basically just an allstar game, zero intensity. Oh well

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I view Pronman as kind of a more conservative version of Button. He isn't as extreme in terms of off the board controversial picks as Button which results in less disastrous picks relative to actual draft position and less "he had it right" picks.

Anyways, there's certainly a lot of hype in terms of the Hughes family in America that includes Quinn Hughes. Quinn was actually ranked as the #1 NA Dman by Central Scouting prior to the final rankings and legitimately seen as a potential top 5 pick. Let's not forget he played at the WC for Team USA. Basically, Quinn has been hyped up as the next great American Dman who has delivered thus far in his hockey career.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Quinn Hughes is the key to our next core being great. Yes Pettersson is looking like a superstar. However I think Hughes is the generational D man we’ve never had.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Quinn Hughes is the key to our next core being great. Yes Pettersson is looking like a superstar. However I think Hughes is the generational D man we’ve never had.
Im also hoping for Jet Woo to be Hughes running mate. Hughes is the fast offensive catalyst while Woo is the more defensively responsible physical player. Woo is no slouch in the skating department either between these two we hopefully have a top pairing duo we can lean on for the next ten years.

pgj98m3

Jan 8, 2012
Im also hoping for Jet Woo to be Hughes running mate. Hughes is the fast offensive catalyst while Woo is the more defensively responsible physical player. Woo is no slouch in the skating department either between these two we hopefully have a top pairing duo we can lean on for the next ten years.
Woo does have a great name...before considering either to be part of a ‘top pairing duo’ how about we see them play against men?

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yes, some prospect sites already predicting that Quinn Hughes will change the way defense is played in the NHL, and his style will be copied by younger kids. He'll play a classic 'rover position' and drive constant offense and scoring chances from the back end--really the only place left on the rink where there's still some open ice.

As long as he doesn't up playing for coach like Darryl Sutter or Willie, who'll try and turn him into a defensive defensceman.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Yes, some prospect sites already predicting that Quinn Hughes will change the way defense is played in the NHL, and his style will be copied by younger kids. He'll play a classic 'rover position' and drive constant offense and scoring chances from the back end--really the only place left on the rink where there's still some open ice.

As long as he doesn't up playing for coach like Darryl Sutter or Willie, who'll try and turn him into a defensive defensceman.

He’s this generations Doug Harvey, or Bobby Orr.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
I don't get where the idea comes from that Woo looks like a blue chip prospect. He is a longer term project at best.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I don't get where the idea comes from that Woo looks like a blue chip prospect. He is a longer term project at best.
I actually like Woo. Plays like Alex Biega, except with a lot more size and skill. He might arrive sooner than expected. It's not like the Canucks blueline is stacked. Edler and Tanev coming up on free-agency, and Juolevi still a huge question mark. Really looking forward to a potential d-pairing of Woo and Hughes.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Oh man....put down the pipe.
Who were the last two D men to change how D men played? Harvey and Orr.
Quinn is going to change how the following generation of elite D play. There, of course, will never be another Harvey or Orr.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
I actually like Woo. Plays like Alex Biega, except with a lot more size and skill. He might arrive sooner than expected. It's not like the Canucks blueline is stacked. Edler and Tanev coming up on free-agency, and Juolevi still a huge question mark. Really looking forward to a potential d-pairing of Woo and Hughes.

How does Juolevi look like a huge question mark and Woo is on the fast track to the NHL?

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Who were the last two D men to change how D men played? Harvey and Orr.
Quinn is going to change how the following generation of elite D play. There, of course, will never be another Harvey or Orr.

I don’t think Quinn Hughes is changing how anyone plays defense. He may end up being an elite player but that comment by his coach was non-sensical. I’ve watched Hughes play, it looks like the way defense is played today.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I don’t think Quinn Hughes is changing how anyone plays defense. He may end up being an elite player but that comment by his coach was non-sensical. I’ve watched Hughes play, it looks like the way defense is played today.
I think Quinn pushes the puck like no one currently. He controls the game with the puck on his stick differently from even EK. Again, no one is going to be Harvey or Orr, but the next generation of D men (who play this Quinn Hughes style) will be compared back to him. I see teams changing their forecheck because of Hughes. Getting in too aggressively on him will cost teams odd man rushes. Harvey and Orr did exactly this. Teams had to be very cautious to not get caught, so they gave space, which allowed Harvey and Orr to control the pace of play even more. This is what Quinn does too.

Reactions: Nomobo

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
I think Quinn pushes the puck like no one currently. He controls the game with the puck on his stick differently from even EK. Again, no one is going to be Harvey or Orr, but the next generation of D men (who play this Quinn Hughes style) will be compared back to him. I see teams changing their forecheck because of Hughes. Getting in too aggressively on him will cost teams odd man rushes. Harvey and Orr did exactly this. Teams had to be very cautious to not get caught, so they gave space, which allowed Harvey and Orr to control the pace of play even more. This is what Quinn does too.

I really hope fans of other teams don't come in here and read this stuff. damn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad