Prospect Info: Quinn Hughes, Pt. III

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Novelty? No idea what your even talking about, but i admitted it was a typo bub, get over it :shakehead
And here it is again, nothing you say gets us any closer to figuring it out. It could all be a joke or you could be completely credulous. We will probably never know.

Laterade

Feb 9, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Ah, I see the doubt setting in now. Classic Canucks pessimism setting in. I think it's better if we temper expectations anyway. I mean, we thought Pettersson was going to become the second coming of Gretzky and look how he turned out. :rolleyes:

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
If anything this proves your point even more. Burma changed its capital, changed the name of the country, and even changed continents! So yes, **** Victoria. I nominate Lilooet as our new capital.

I legit chuckled out loud and woke my wife up with: "So yes, **** Victoria. I nominate Lilooet as our new capital"

I don't really know why I found that so funny- I just did.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Ah, I see the doubt setting in now. Classic Canucks pessimism setting in. I think it's better if we temper expectations anyway. I mean, we thought Pettersson was going to become the second coming of Gretzky and look how he turned out. :rolleyes:

Who are you responding to?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
If anything this proves your point even more. Burma changed its capital, changed the name of the country, and even changed continents! So yes, **** Victoria. I nominate Lilooet as our new capital.
You had me til the Lilooet part, have you seen that place?

VANCITY or nothing

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
God no, why put an anchor on Hughes like that. The clear answer is obviously tanev.

Why even bother pairing your best defense prospect with bottom pairing (at best) defenseman.

I can guess what was said in the post you quoted.

Why force Hughes babysit Gudbranson in both ends of the ice..?

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
God no, why put an anchor on Hughes like that. The clear answer is obviously tanev.

Why even bother pairing your best defense prospect with bottom pairing (at best) defenseman.
Glad I was able to stop laughing in time to read your post. That sure was a doozy.

How about we dont pair Gudbranson with anyone on the Canucks.

Reactions: THE Green Man

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
Quinn Hughes team finishes play on March 2 as it looks like they will not make it into the tournament. The Canucks play March 3rd in Las Vegas. Guessing the Canucks will sign the kid immediately much like they did with Boeser.

Do they fly the kid to Vegas to get in a quick road game as he'd have a couple days off after... or do they sign him and have his first game be at home, against the leafs on Dec 6th?

I guess they could also sign him and have him watch the first game at home and then take in his first game in Edmonton on the 7th.

March 3rd @Vegas
March 6th vs Toronto
March 7th @ Edmonton

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Glad I was able to stop laughing in time to read your post. That sure was a doozy.

How about we dont pair Gudbranson with anyone on the Canucks.

What if we pair Guddy and one of Schaller, Pouliot, MDZ for high picks and prospects? :naughty:

Best right side we have currently obviously would be Tanev. Otherwise Stecher could do in a pinch... I keep seeing people toss Tryamkin in as part of a pairing with Hughes, if he ever actually comes back that might work but a steady vet would be Hughes' best chance to succeed initially.

Reactions: THE Green Man

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Quinn Hughes team finishes play on March 2 as it looks like they will not make it into the tournament. The Canucks play March 3rd in Las Vegas. Guessing the Canucks will sign the kid immediately much like they did with Boeser.

Do they fly the kid to Vegas to get in a quick road game as he'd have a couple days off after... or do they sign him and have his first game be at home, against the leafs on Dec 6th?

I guess they could also sign him and have him watch the first game at home and then take in his first game in Edmonton on the 7th.

March 3rd @Vegas
March 6th vs Toronto
March 7th @ Edmonton

I would think that he would play his first game at home on March 6. That still gets him 16 games in this season and allows him to likely even get into a practice with the team.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
I would think that he would play his first game at home on March 6. That still gets him 16 games in this season and allows him to likely even get into a practice with the team.

It would be very dumb to play him this season if it means we'd have to protect him in the expansion draft.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
What if we pair Guddy and one of Schaller, Pouliot, MDZ for high picks and prospects? :naughty:

Best right side we have currently obviously would be Tanev. Otherwise Stecher could do in a pinch... I keep seeing people toss Tryamkin in as part of a pairing with Hughes, if he ever actually comes back that might work but a steady vet would be Hughes' best chance to succeed initially.

Tanev is the obvious choice.QH needs to be paired with a reliable,stay-at-home partner plus there needs to be a least one defensively competent forward on the ice as well who can cover the point when Hughes makes one of his forays deep into the o-zone.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
For a guy who skates so much better than everyone else, it really doesn’t seem to translate to that much offensively.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
For a guy who skates so much better than everyone else, it really doesn’t seem to translate to that much offensively.
Really? Have you been following him in the NCAA? That’s simply not true. He has created boat loads of grade A chances in this tourney and his teammates aren’t finishing. Exactly why you don’t scout on a short tourney

Last edited:

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013

Bo Horvat: 3 points in 7 games at WJC. (on pace for 70 points in the NHL)
Brock Boeser: 3 points in 7 games at WJC. (on pace for 76 points in the NHL)
Elias Pettersson: 1 point in 6 games/7 points in 7 games at WJC. (on pace for 93 points in the NHL)

Jesse Pulujarvi: 17 points in 7 games at WJC. (on pace for 14 points in the NHL)

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Wow! Judd Brackett quoted as saying that the day Hughes steps on the ice for the Canucks he instantly becomes one of the best skaters in the entire NHL.

I get that Canuck scouts are inclined to pump the tires on drafted players, but damn, it is Brackett we're talking about here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad