Not open for further replies.

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
Ahhhhhh, I jinxed it Notre Dame score two goals in two minutes

Michigan 1 ND 2
Hughes +/- -2

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
I hope Quinn busts his ass in the off season to be better. He won't have it easy defending top offensive talents

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Hughes plays a very aggressive skating style of PP QB. On Michigan he’s not afraid to rotate with his forwards and it opens up a lot of space because it can be confusing to defend. That’s one thing with our PP it can be a little static. Hughes will bring a dynamic element of unpredictability and its gonna be sick.

NHL penalty killers are 100x better. He’s not going to get away with that toe drag on the blue line to keep the puck in, skating around guys and spinning. A few goals against allowed and he’s gonna stop that stuff.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Picked up another assist but is -3. 4-3 game , no one else is worse than -1.

Michigan sucks this year btw

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Selfishly can’t say I’m too sad about Michigan sucking. We will get Hughes on this team in March

Me too. If there was any concerns about him potentially staying another year in Michigan, I think we can put those concerns to rest. The team isn't good this season and might be even worse next year if Josh Norris goes pro, which he probably should. This is a sinking ship and I don't see Hughes wanting to be part of it next season.

Edit: Lockwood might also want to strongly consider going pro after this season if he continues his PPG pace.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Me too. If there was any concerns about him potentially staying another year in Michigan, I think we can put those concerns to rest. The team isn't good this season and might be even worse next year if Josh Norris goes pro, which he probably should. This is a sinking ship and I don't see Hughes wanting to be part of it next season.

Edit: Lockwood might also want to strongly consider going pro after this season if he continues his PPG pace.
You guys are seriously worried that he'll return for a junior year and watch is younger brother Jack play in the NHL next season? Wow.....

Don't really worry about whether he gets to play with the Canucks this season or not. Michigan's final game of their season is March 2 I believe. NHL season ends in early April. The Frozen 4 finals go after the NHL regular season ends for the Canucks. See how far Michigan goes.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
0% chance Hughes goes back to college. He's mentioned this in plenty of interviews. His goal is the NHL asap.

If you believe otherwise youre straight up an Eeyore and live a pesemistic life. My condolences to u.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
0% chance Hughes goes back to college. He's mentioned this in plenty of interviews. His goal is the NHL asap.

If you believe otherwise youre straight up an Eeyore and live a pesemistic life. My condolences to u.
The number of guys who have gone to UFA via the college route are few and far between. Hughes is a 1st round pick. Hayes and Wheeler are the only 1st rounders I can recall who did this. Hayes, his numbers over his first 3 years was not very impressive. He almost outscored his entire Freshman-Junior years in his senior year.

It's more the guys who are picked in rounds 3 onwards who would stay and leave in free agency. Demko signed, Boeser signed, Gaudette signed. I mean, its' not like the Canucks have any history of losing guys they covet. Chicago, has lost Hayes and Sweatt, a 1st and a 2nd rounder. But, I doubt they will hesitate taking an NCAA player in the future if they feel he's the best guy at that spot.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
On November 12th they were ranked 16th with a 5-4-0 record, they just beat Penn State (5th ranked team in the nation who were 8-1-0 going into that game) 6-4.

Michigan is in no shape and form a "bad" team. They can easily get their act together and be competitive, they certainly aren't favorites though. If I were a betting man, I'd bet on St. Cloud.

After the Penn state series they are going into 2 Unranked teams to close out November. If they sweep Penn State they are going to jump up in the rankings.

Last edited:

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I can easily imagine the Hughes brothers jointly deciding to play together at Michigan next year. Not a far fetched idea at all imvho.

Then why didnt they just do that this year ?

Jack Hughes had thr opportunity to go to Michigan this year and play with his brother but instead chose the USNDP program.

Obviously this nostalgia agenda isnt very high on their priority list.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Then why didnt they just do that this year ?

Jack Hughes had thr opportunity to go to Michigan this year and play with his brother but instead chose the USNDP program.

Obviously this nostalgia agenda isnt very high on their priority list.
Jack had no such opportunity. That's an urban legend.

Also, it isn't nostalgia if it hasn't happened yet ;)

Reactions: sting101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad