Quarantine Canteen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Look what I picked up earlier. Had to run for necessary supplies.....beer and envelopes, so I called my local Donair shop from my truck. When I was parked. With 2 lysol wipes stationed in a plastic baggie on the seat for wipe down duties. lol. Did I just have to say that? Any guess's which shop?

lXwwkb3.jpg

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Cripes you guys are making me hungry.

I have a suggestion. It appears many of you are becoming pretty creative and good cooks. Perhaps there might be some restauranteurs in this group to take the place of some of the ones that go down, when this is all said and done?

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Anyone have any good recipes for eggs? My dad has a lot of egg laying hens so we have a ton of eggs but I'm tired of your typical scrambled, over easy, over hard, etc. We just used some to make French Toast, any other ideas?
A tip for scrambled eggs. Couple of eggs and a tiny bit of milk mixed in a saucepan on low heat. Continuously stir for several minutes. Creamiest scrambled eggs you ever had. You might get frustrated with all the stirring but it's worth it.

Reactions: oilers'72

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
A tip for scrambled eggs. Couple of eggs and a tiny bit of milk mixed in a saucepan on low heat. Continuously stir for several minutes. Creamiest scrambled eggs you ever had. You might get frustrated with all the stirring but it's worth it.

The wife made them that way because her mom taught her that way. TBH I can't stand it. Not sure if she was taught to add too much milk or what? Now she uses butter and they are very good.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
You can amp that up by replacing the milk with cream.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Chester Chicken for lunch then 450miles later 2 bologna sandwiches with sliced cheese, sauced with mustard and mayo. Some extreme dill pickle Pringles on the side. Balanced out with 2 chocolate covered granola bars with peanutbutter filling for roughage. Washed down with coke zero to help keep figure in check

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I kept seeing ads for Wendy’s on TV the other night and it said Craving Wendy’s? and by the time I went to bed I was crying Yes! Yes! and was trying to eat my pillow.

So yesterday for lunch I said f*** it and went to Wendy’s and ate a double burger in my car in the parking lot and listened to Oilers Now on the radio like old times.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I kept seeing ads for Wendy’s on TV the other night and it said Craving Wendy’s? and by the time I went to bed I was crying Yes! Yes! and was trying to eat my pillow.

So yesterday for lunch I said f*** it and went to Wendy’s and ate a double burger in my car in the parking lot and listened to Oilers Now on the radio like old times.
I love their baconator. So delicious.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I was craving arena food so for supper I made beef chili cheese dogs with nice crispy bacon, banana and jalapeño peppers, red onion, mustard, relish, ketchup on a nice Italian bun and served with an ice cold beer. It was awesome. Waaaay better than a Bobby Nicks burger. Chicago serves up a nice chili dog like this and so did San Jose IIRC.

I then imagined we were beating the living shit out of the Flames in Game 7 of Round 1 of the playoffs and would win the series tonight.

Damn I miss going to games.

71ad4151-81c8-4f86-92fe-f7bf6a67c435.JPG

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I was craving arena food so for supper I made beef chili cheese dogs with nice crispy bacon, banana and jalapeño peppers, red onion, mustard, relish, ketchup on a nice Italian bun and served with an ice cold beer. It was awesome. Waaaay better than a Bobby Nicks burger. Chicago serves up a nice chili dog like this and so did San Jose IIRC.

I then imagined we were beating the living shit out of the Flames in Game 7 of Round 1 of the playoffs and would win the series tonight.

Damn I miss going to games.

View attachment 343600

I gained 2lbs. just looking at that picture! I can't honestly remember the last time that I had a chili dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad