Quarantine Canteen

Status
Not open for further replies.

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
@StupidGenius

Any tips on how to make wings crispy without a deep fryer? Do you coat the wings in anything, like baking powder/flour/eggs...?

You can dredge them in flour, but that'll give you a crispy breaded exterior, and not really crisp the wing itself. If you just want a wing with a bit of a crunch to the tooth, definitely toss them in some flour, but skip the egg wash until you're working with chicken breast. You won't really need baking powder in the flour, as that's more helpful for things like fish 'n' chips, where you want a lighter, fluffier breading. Adding a few simple seasonings can compliment your wing sauce nicely; oregeno, paprika and a bit of garlic salt go nice with Frank's, whereas you might want to try something more like brown sugar and dry mustard for BBQ wings.

If you want to get the wing itself crispy, pan-searing them before tossing and baking them is the simplest way, but it's tough to do a big batch of wings unless you own a griddle or bigass frying pan. If I'm working oven-only, I'll broil the wings on both sides on high heat, then toss and bake them before finishing them on both sides under the broiler again. Salting the wings before you bake them can help draw out some of the moisture and give you a crispier final product as well.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
7898BE70-0482-4C17-A54A-04235BDBEEC9.jpeg
A4CA6A06-ADA6-4ED1-997A-D8F3088D4E20.jpeg

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I'm going to be attempting to make ostrich steak today for lunch. No idea why we decided to buy it. Wish me luck.

tenor.gif

For supper the menu consists of orange chicken and dynamite chicken (homemade), and dumplings/potstickers (frozen).

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
I'll have to try Route 99, it isn't that far from where I live so I'll give it a go ... after all this COVID stuff is over.

What about in terms of quality? The kind of places where you would prefer to spend half your pay check for a special occasion.
Route 99 sounds like a strip club.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I'm going to be attempting to make ostrich steak today for lunch. No idea why we decided to buy it. Wish me luck.

tenor.gif

For supper the menu consists of orange chicken and dynamite chicken (homemade), and dumplings/potstickers (frozen).

In honour of Supergirl? ;)

Reactions: oilers'72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad