Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
44AF2B7E-6516-475D-9DDC-E0D106BC3650.jpeg
Doing a Brisket today, but here is one of the sides; Chipotle Beans w/ Pulled Pork and a Bacon blanket on top. In the smoker for 3 hours till that bacon fat is right in the beans and the rest is crispy crispy for some texture.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The broad and I ordered lunch from Memphis Blues; we live across the street. Not only was the food subpar, the person who packed our order did not include napkins. Barbeque without napkins.
PossibleDevotedDamselfly-size_restricted.gif

Place is so greasy as well. Its like they pour grease on your orders. Only food I've ever had where a container and the doggy bag it was in leaked. So much grease in their food you could set it on fire. Fries swim in Oil, on your plate. Went once, my arteries thank me for never ever going back. just awful food. I thought they deep fried the Coke.

ps went to rotten ronnies drivethru, to get the free masks. We ordered fries with that, the only think McD's does well. They didn't put any ketchup in the bag. Fries w/o ketchup. Apparently you have to ask now. Gee, do you get a burger there without the beef patty if you don't specifically request beef on the bun....

Last edited:

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Place is so greasy as well. Its like they pour grease on your orders. Only food I've ever had where a container and the doggy bag it was in leaked. So much grease in their food you could set it on fire. Fries swim in Oil, on your plate. Went once, my arteries thank me for never ever going back. just awful food. I thought they deep fried the Coke.

ps went to rotten ronnies drivethru, to get the free masks. We ordered fries with that, the only think McD's does well. They didn't put any ketchup in the bag. Fries w/o ketchup. Apparently you have to ask now. Gee, do you get a burger there without the beef patty if you don't specifically request beef on the bun....
McDonald’s is Notorious for doing that. They never put ketchup in even when I ask. It’s super frustrating. I don’t like their burgers much but I really like the mcchickens. I usually get that in a meal when I go

I used to love Big Macs, but for some reason haven’t been liking them as much. Something has changed and I can’t figure out what. I’ll still eat them, but the enjoyment factor isn’t there anymore.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
That looks incredible. And big congrats on keeping it moist, and still getting crispy skin. Nice nice nice.

Thanks. I think the combo of the bacon, smoke and non direct heat contribute. My wife stuffed some bacon inside as well. Turkey was sizzling at some points so most likely the bacon was the biggest key.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
My buddy gave me a pre-marinated Elk roast. Defrosting as we speak.

Kind of like Russian Roulette though as he wouldn't tell me what he used to marinate it. He's been known to have some marinades that are a bit too spicy for my liking, but he's also had some real good ones that I really enjoyed.
Spicy Teriyaki was the verdict after cooking it. Wasn't too spicy, just enough.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Tried a little air fryer that I bought for the first time last night for wings (with Franks Red Hot) and Red Robin Steak Fries. IMO our convection oven does a better job on the wings. The fries were ok but definitely not as crispy as frying. Next time Ill spray it with some cooking oil and see if that helps.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
you know those discount booklets fastfood restaurants send in everyone's mail and they'll say something like "monthly savings of up to $100"? Has anyone ever gone to a fast food joint enough to go through one of those coupon books in a month and "save" that $100 (or whatever dollar figure the booklet says its worth)?

Reactions: oilers'72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad