Quarantine Canteen

Status
Not open for further replies.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Alright now I’m eating a smarties and cookie doh blizzard from Dairy Queen.

guess you could say I’m kind of..... The Dairy King.... hahahaha

I really need more friends :(

Reactions: oilers'72

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Will do that looks so good. The wife likely won’t like it. If it isn’t plain cheese or pepperoni she hates pizza lmal.

That just means there going to be more for you. My wife gets mad at me sometimes cause I'll get a box of cookies she doesn't like so I don't have to share :laugh:.

(After she has her lol joke fit I pull out a box of the kind she likes she isnt left out and I'm clear of the dog house.........kinda lol.)

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
That just means there going to be more for you. My wife gets mad at me sometimes cause I'll get a box of cookies she doesn't like so I don't have to share :laugh:.

(After she has her lol joke fit I pull out a box of the kind she likes she isnt left out and I'm clear of the dog house.........kinda lol.)

The old bait and hook with a couple of boxes of cookies. Classic!

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan

Lmao!!! That’s actually genius hahahahah

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Didn't eat out much before, but the past few months just really liking cooking food and eating it at home is really suiting us. Same thing with going to a pub or bar. We'll probably just leave it up to other folks to try to drag them up from the dead.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Didn't eat out much before, but the past few months just really liking cooking food and eating it at home is really suiting us. Same thing with going to a pub or bar. We'll probably just leave it up to other folks to try to drag them up from the dead.
I need to quit eating out so much. Now that it’s summer we are BBQing a lot. Steaks a couple nights ago, burgers tomorrow!

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I must say that one of the best things personally coming out of this is me eating healthier by looking up recipes and helping my wife make healthier food. Im kind of the saucier except for the BBQ where I do the cooking. But it is nice to tinker with recipes. Anyone else have an Instant Pot and have any go-to recipes?

Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
I must say that one of the best things personally coming out of this is me eating healthier by looking up recipes and helping my wife make healthier food. Im kind of the saucier except for the BBQ where I do the cooking. But it is nice to tinker with recipes. Anyone else have an Instant Pot and have any go-to recipes?
That’s awesome man. We have an instant pot. My spouse looks up a lot of recipes on Pinterest haha. It’s good for recipes.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Left over steak stir fry with jalapenos, julienned carrots, bell pepper, onion, and frozen corn and EVOO/seasalt grilled asparagus. Quick and easy if you have sharp knives. Add an egg and 1 teaspoonvoo Soy sauce. The Wuhan surprise. ;)

pvLEkSu.jpg

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
That’s awesome man. We have an instant pot. My spouse looks up a lot of recipes on Pinterest haha. It’s good for recipes.

Last night we made 5lbs. of pork shoulder with Hawaiian (ocean) salt and garlic until it fell off the bone and then stewed carrots, red potatoes and onions. 1 hour on high pressure in the stew/meat function and let it sit for 25 minutes before venting and then I did the veggies for 8 minutes in the same function. Delicious.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Last night we made 5lbs. of pork shoulder with Hawaiian (ocean) salt and garlic until it fell off the bone and then stewed carrots, red potatoes and onions. 1 hour on high pressure in the stew/meat function and let it sit for 25 minutes before venting and then I did the veggies for 8 minutes in the same function. Delicious.
Omg...........

that sounds friggin amazing.... and that’s an understatement.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Amen. We forget that in our society. Me included. Fast food always seems the quickest solution, but sometimes an instant pot with simple ingredients can make a delicious meal that doesn’t take a ton of effort.

The key is to make enough for leftovers! Not too easy when it tastes really good and you have a family to feed!

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Had my first ever 5 Guys burger and fries tonight. I still like Pete's better. The cheese tasted like melted cheese whiz. If I went back I would not have the cheese. The fries were great though, and they filled up the bag with fries. I have never seen so many fries from a single order.

BlueCheeseWithWings

Aug 1, 2018
I used to work in the dish pit from 16 to 19, followed by working my way up to executive sous chef at a French restaurant by the age of 25. After working in a restaurant for a total of 9 years, I became mentally fatigued, so I resigned to return to university.

Seven years and one virus later, my love for cooking has returned. Many dishes have been created over the last two months. The only problem is, my girlfriend has been the sole person to critique my dishes.

I can't wait to host dinner parties again and serve those I appreciate.

I absolutely love reading this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->