Quarantine Canteen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
Do you split the cooking duties? That looks like a yummy snack tray.
Pretty split, she was raised on a farm and was already a great cook, I only got into food around 15 years ago, we each know the others strengths.

Last night, pork chops 2 ways, one with a mustard sauce and one with a Korean sauce

B4854E73-74BD-4C11-8431-7E23C3B3ADC0.jpeg

Bobieque

Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
Nice sear on the chops!

So, as you might have gathered, I do quite a bit of BBQ. About 12 years ago I got one of the first sets of “Grill Grates” www.grillgrate.com These single handedly are the best investment anyone who has a grill can make. I can not recommend them enough. Everything cooked on them remains juicy. Everything. Chicken, Burgers, Pork...items that can dry out easily, don’t.
No financial gain for me recommending them, but will seriously make all your grilling a step up. I’m still surprised how awesome they are.
It’s an investment, but well worth it.
Sorry, not to be pushy, but I tell a lot of people about them. As a side note, you can’t get better sear marks, although it’s just a bonus.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
So, as you might have gathered, I do quite a bit of BBQ. About 12 years ago I got one of the first sets of “Grill Grates” www.grillgrate.com These single handedly are the best investment anyone who has a grill can make. I can not recommend them enough. Everything cooked on them remains juicy. Everything. Chicken, Burgers, Pork...items that can dry out easily, don’t.
No financial gain for me recommending them, but will seriously make all your grilling a step up. I’m still surprised how awesome they are.
It’s an investment, but well worth it.
Sorry, not to be pushy, but I tell a lot of people about them. As a side note, you can’t get better sear marks, although it’s just a bonus.

Not pushy at all. I had no idea that they even existyed to be honest. Had a quick look on the site but didn't see my model of BBQ. I'll have to measure and check into some pricing. Thanks for the tip.

Bobieque

Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
Thanks @Bobieque approved!!

I can assure you the ribs are not burnt...it’s caramelized Demerara brown sugar from my home made dry rub mixture.

View attachment 351797
Haha! Those look great, you don’t need my like! I was thinking it looked like they had a nice bit of crust. There’s nothing better than a juicy, “shreddy” rib with a bit of crust for texture. Nice!

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Tonight's supper...

Barbecued Thai chicken curry thighs and a homemade satay peanut sauce, with sides of pan fried yellow zuchini and rice.
Looks amazing. I've visited Malaysia before and the satay with peanut sauce from street vendors are to die for.

Found tenderloin on an incredible deal today, so I grilled that up with some caprese salad.
Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 9.14.35 PM.png

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Looks amazing. I've visited Malaysia before and the satay with peanut sauce from street vendors are to die for.

Found tenderloin on an incredible deal today, so I grilled that up with some caprese salad.
View attachment 352198

Thanks! It turned out pretty good. I didn't post a pic of the peanut sauce I made because it didn't look the most appetizing but damn was it tasty.

Reactions: oilers'72

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
wrong thread

But can still say, this thread makes me bummed that my deck and built in BBQ setup probably won't be done until mid/late July :)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Has anyone had any luck with a cheaper air fryer? Using ours ($75 worth) for the 2nd time tonight and it takes for damn ever.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Instead of paying a small ransom to rescue a Smarties blizzard from the Dairy Queen...I came up with an *almost* perfect at home creation.

Everybody probably knows how to make them at home but I'll share anyways.

Vanilla ice cream
Small amount of milk
Smarties
Two or three tablespoons of "Smuckers Sundae Syrup" (chocolate). Don't get the "topping" or shit that hardens like a dip cone...gotta be the sundae syrup.

Add it all in a blender. Wear ear plugs as the Smarties make all kinds of horrendous noises, or pre smash them with a meat tenderizer hammer (or chew them up and add them :sarcasm:).

Anyways, tastes pretty damn close to the real thing for way cheaper.

*:cry: when I step on the weigh scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad