Confirmed with Link: Quaider dealt to Rangers for Kampfer and a 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
What would McQuaid have done from upstairs, thrown popcorn at Shaw/Domi and yelled at them? That seems to be what many of those freaking out are missing. McQuaid was going to get very limited action barring an injury. If he wasn't trade he still not on the ice so what does it matter?

You say barring an injury like like the entire top 6 plays 80 games each a season

McAvoy 63gp
Carlo 76 gp
Killer 68gp

Kevan "Lou Gehrig" Miller has missed almost 100 games the past 4 seasons.

I just hope the same people that were for this trade don't whine when we deal a better pick for a worse defenseman in February

Reactions: KrejciMVP

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Actually, his stats show that he played LESS than a majority of the season last season, and by every account was going to play even less this coming season. Not even bothering to formulate a response to the most likely scenario for his usage this coming season tell me you're not interested in having a true, honest discussion about this.

True and honest, give me a break with the lecturing. His previous season before last he played over 70 games and before that over 60 games. I predict he'll play over 65 with N.Y. this year

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
That's just it, no one is disparaging him. Where has anyone in this thread said McQuaid sucked? You wont find it. He was a guy that fans loved, but there seems to be two groups here. One group that understand he had no role on the team and wasn't going to play much. Then you have the other group that would rather pay $2.75 million to have a guy with toughness (that's all they talk about with him) sit upstairs and angrily stare a guys if they take a run at someone. The issue the 1st group has with the 2nd group is that the 2nd group make it seems like McQuaid was the only guy with toughness on this team and he was the only one that would drop the mitts when needed.

Bruins had 26 fights last season. 11 of those fights were by players who aren't on the team anymore.

McQuaid had 6 of them (he was 6-0 btw)

Kevan Miller had 4
Backes, Chara, Kuraly had 2 each
Noel. Carlo, JDB, Pasta, McAvoy 1 each.

Regardless, fighting doesn't even matter anymore really, but if someone was concerned about "dropping the mitts" it's not like there is a cavalcade of guys ready to take over it would seem/

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
You say barring an injury like like the entire top 6 plays 80 games each a season

McAvoy 63gp
Carlo 76 gp
Killer 68gp

I just hope the same people that were for this trade don't whine when we deal a better pick for a worse defenseman in February
Valid point about the injuries. I think it's a bit of a red herring to talk about a worse defenseman in February though. McQauid, for all his toughness, was pretty clearly the 4th defenseman on the right side. If the team is dealing for a worse guy, that means the right side was decimated and none of the kids could ably fill in. This menas the season has gone terrible wrong. In that case, they are not likely buyers anyway.

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
True and honest, give me a break with the lecturing. His previous season before last he played over 70 games and before that over 60 games. I predict he'll play over 65 with N.Y. this year
You specifically said LAST season stats showed he played the majority of the season. You were absolutely wrong and I pointed that out. That's not lecturing.

And yes, he'll probably play over 65 in NY because he doesn't have three guys clearly better than him in front of him (just on the right side) like he does in Boston. Allowing him to play is one of the reasons he got traded. He almost assuredly would not play 65 games in Boston, so I'm not sure why saying he'll play 65 in NY proves anything.

Reactions: Estlin and Pia8988

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

No shit. They have openings on the blue line. Boston doesn't. Disingenuous.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
You specifically said LAST season stats showed he played the majority of the season. You were absolutely wrong and I pointed that out. That's not lecturing.

And yes, he'll probably play over 65 in NY because he doesn't have three guys clearly better than him in front of him (just on the right side) like he does in Boston. Allowing him to play is one of the reasons he got traded. He almost assuredly would not play 65 games in Boston, so I'm not sure why saying he'll play 65 in NY proves anything.

Please quote where i said last season

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
this thread is comedy gold though when people bring up the oft injured McQuaid's history and pimp up Killer when McQuaid has in fact played more games then him over the past four seasons.

Comical.
I don't think anyone has "pimped up" Miller with regard to missing (or playing in) games. McQuaid's injury history is well know, so it makes sense in a McQuaid thread to mention it.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Valid point about the injuries. I think it's a bit of a red herring to talk about a worse defenseman in February though. McQauid, for all his toughness, was pretty clearly the 4th defenseman on the right side. If the team is dealing for a worse guy, that means the right side was decimated and none of the kids could ably fill in. This menas the season has gone terrible wrong. In that case, they are not likely buyers anyway.

The right side is hurt a lot and McQuaid was in that group. Carlo has missed the past two playoffs. Miller is a long shot to play 70 games. Zboril will be the key I'm guessing.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Who is sitting for this without injuries? Kevan?

I wouldn't be making that decision but I'd hope someone like Gryz who the larger opponents will be looking to squish against the boards on a forecheck.

I'd rather we not let Gryz build up a concussion resume, and at his size I think he will.

We don't want Chara fighting, Miller is decent at fighting but generally does fight for himself, Backes should not be fighting anymore. Who else? The new 4th liners?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
The right side is hurt a lot and McQuaid was in that group. Carlo has missed the past two playoffs. Miller is a long shot to play 70 games. Zboril will be the key I'm guessing.
I think it's fine overall. Adam gets to go to a place where he can earn his one last pay day instead of not playing a good part of the year.

Reactions: minpind

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I wonder if they traded him out of respect to McQuaid. Both parties knew he'd be sitting in the press box a lot of evenings yet he's still a very valuable NHL d-man that's done a lot for this team. I'll miss seeing him out there - but am strangely happy that he'll be an NHL regular again this season.

Reactions: minpind

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Good post until the last sentence. I prefer toughness and emotion over soft Montreal like skating teams, and still like hockey more than football.

The point is, you can be the toughest, most passionate player on Earth...and if you can’t skate, you will be in the ECHL if you’re lucky.

It’s a fact...it’s not about preferences here. Yes, the game has changed. But there is still room for grit, toughness and big hits. The difference is that the 4th liners of today can actually skate and make plays.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
I wonder if they traded him out of respect to McQuaid. Both parties knew he'd be sitting in the press box a lot of evenings yet he's still a very valuable NHL d-man that's done a lot for this team. I'll miss seeing him out there - but am strangely happy that he'll be an NHL regular again this season.

I think it's a very real possibility that DS approached Quaider and presented the opportunity. If I'm Adam, my goal is to secure another contract and the best chance at that is NY, not Boston.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

McAvoy 63gp
Carlo 76 gp
Killer 68gp

And they have 3 guys who can play LD or RD in Moore/Zboril/Lauzon. If Miller went down, I'd imagine that Moore slides to RD and Gryz fills the #3LD spot. They could also use it as a chance to give Zboril/Lauzon some NHL experience.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
And they have 3 guys who can play LD or RD in Moore/Zboril/Lauzon. If Miller went down, I'd imagine that Moore slides to RD and Gryz fills the #3LD spot. They could also use it as a chance to give Zboril/Lauzon some NHL experience.

I'm one of Moore's biggest fans, but that wouldn't be the best idea IMO

Would think Zboril would play.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I just don't think you understand at all the value if having a sheriff like Mcquaid . You don't want Krug taking care of Shaw and taking himself off the ice
You honestly think that 5 foot 10 Andrew Shaw is going to be taking on 6 foot 5 Adam McQuaid?.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad