Confirmed with Link: Quaider dealt to Rangers for Kampfer and a 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Can someone please show me who on the Bruins defense is soft? As in Montreal soft?

Even without McQuaid, in comparison to most teams, this is a tough group. Carlo might be the softest of the group - and yet, I am sure Sweeney and Cassidy are asking him to play with more of an edge.

If Zboril gets an opportunity, he can play a tough game too. That is partially why he was valued over Chabot.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
I still refuse to believe that the DPB on here is indicative of most Bruins fans. Once again just sad what so many here think regarding physical hockey vs "skilled" (soft) hockey. A mix is the ultimate goal but for all the crap I and some others take here for wanting hockey to still be physical its amazing how many just want skilled with no grit. Flat out sickening

What is flat out sickening (aside from your constant referrals to comments that never actually existed), is that you claim to advocate "Physical Hockey," but you don't. You advocate fist fighting.

It may be difficult for you to understand, but there are more than 3 sports in North America, besides fist fighting, soccer and ice capades.

One of them is hockey.

And yes, I and everybody on these boards like fast, skilled, physical hockey.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Can someone please show me who on the Bruins defense is soft? As in Montreal soft?

Even without McQuaid, in comparison to most teams, this is a tough group. Carlo might be the softest of the group - and yet, I am sure Sweeney and Cassidy are asking him to play with more of an edge.

If Zboril gets an opportunity, he can play a tough game too. That is partially why he was valued over Chabot.

Gryz is probably the softest. I don't know much about Moore at this point so I can't really say. Carlo played pretty soft last year up until March, and then it was like a switch was flipped and all of the sudden he was angry. I really hope he keeps that up.

The rest of the D group is tough enough, imo.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I agree the Defense is still pretty physical and tough, that said, they lost their one guy who would plaster a face in if someone got hit or got a cheapshot. I just don't like it at all, especially if that $2.5M is used on someone absolutely stupid like another depth 13th forward or a 7th d-man.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I agree the Defense is still pretty physical and tough, that said, they lost their one guy who would plaster a face in if someone got hit or got a cheapshot. I just don't like it at all, especially if that $2.5M is used on someone absolutely stupid like another depth 13th forward or a 7th d-man.

Other guys will have to step up.

I don’t see the B’s spending the $2.5m on a 7th D or depth 13th forward.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
There is no guarantee that the kids will step up this year like they did last year. In the even things turn south this cap room allows Sweeney to make some moves.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Wow, this thread continues to grow. Who would have believed moving a depth defenseman could have generated so much interest and controversy. If we needed another sign that it's time for the season to start . . .

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

Stempniak, Stempniak, Stempniak!

beetlejuice.gif

1pd7MHu

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

If there is one thing the B’s have, it’s depth. Why trade McQuaid for another 7/8th depth D? If anything, he became expendable because the B’s feel Zboril or UV can step up if necessary (and are cheaper).

And even if the B’s wanted to bring on a player like Winnik, he’s not costing you McQuaid’s cap hit.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
If there is one thing the B’s have, it’s depth. Why trade McQuaid for another 7/8th depth D? If anything, he became expendable because the B’s feel Zboril or UV can step up if necessary (and are cheaper).

And even if the B’s wanted to bring on a player like Winnik, he’s not costing you McQuaid’s cap hit.
I want to see a move that greatly helps this team.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

Other guys will have to step up.

I don’t see the B’s spending the $2.5m on a 7th D or depth 13th forward.

Not that it's a huge deal, but it's *$2.75M

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Which is what I'm really hoping for. I don't see a move for a D-man coming, but i would definitely like to see something in the top 6.
My first thought after the trade was that I see the Bruins using the cap room to bring back Rick Nash. I'm not sure how I feel about such a signing, but I feel like they liked what Nash brought to the top 9.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
My first thought after the trade was that I see the Bruins using the cap room to bring back Rick Nash. I'm not sure how I feel about such a signing, but I feel like they liked what Nash brought to the top 9.

Who liked what Nash brought? he is a completely useless floater. As for Quader, we lost locker room leadership, he doesn't give you much on the ice and is never healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->