Confirmed with Link: Quaider dealt to Rangers for Kampfer and a 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Too many NHL level D-men and too much spending on the press box.

McQuaid put his body on the line for years for the Bruins but in the end fell in the rankings.

horrible trade.

The team just got significantly softer, lost a rock solid bottom pair guy who can play with anyone, and the locker room culture/leadership just took a big hit

Boston was spending 4M on press box just because of defense.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I really, really, really f***ing hate this move this close to the season. Reeks of the Boychuk one.

Obviously McQuaid isn't as good as Boychuk was, but he's a guy who is very well liked on the team, one of the few guys left from the 2011 team, has been a rock solid 3rd pairing guy for pretty much his entire career here... I get we're getting deeper on defense and have more, maybe better options, but this was a trade to make in July. I don't get it.

Going to miss McQuaid very much. You could not have asked a guy like him to give more during his stay here. Thank you Quaider!!!

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Love Quaider. Hate to lose him but he was going to be in the press box and he can play in NY.

Kampfer is on a two-way contract, will probably get through waivers and can play in Providence and be a respectable call up on the right side if needed.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
My guess is McQuaid asked to be dealt rather than sit as the spare RD.

Sure you save some money against the cap, but they aren't up against the cap now (not even close really).

Guy will be missed.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
This f***ing sucks! All this time, Darth Quaider's been one of my favorite players, along side Lucic.

I know he's a part of the old school game, and isn't the fastest Dman any more, but this team really did seem to play like they were a few inches taller whenever he was in the game. He did his job week in and out. Blocked shots like a champ, took on horrible injuries with perseverance. Fought his ass off against all comers and scared agitators league-wide shitless. You couldn't ask for a better teammate.

Good bye, Adam! Good luck in New York. Please don't hit Bergy or Brad too hard when you play against them....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad